*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Replacing rear bench seat for two singles

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Replacing rear bench seat for two singles

Postby macs1981 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi,
I have a Custom 320 Limited Double Cab H2L1 170PS arriving in early March. I cant wait!!

It has two single seats in the front and i would love to swap out the bench seat in the back for two single seats.

Is this possible? Ive looked and cant seem to find anyone that has done the same (A weird swap maybe, but suits my family set up). If so, what seats do i need to look for? Would Torneo seats fit?

Any help, much appreciated!!
macs1981

Re: Replacing rear bench seat for two singles

Postby onyxx » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:55 pm

Hello Mate, I hope you have received your van recently. I'm sure it will be a pleasure to drive. To swap the factory layout to two single seats is an unusual idea, but I don't think it is impossible. I guess the trouble will start with the floor fixing points. It won't match up with the new seats, but I'm not entirely sure. I am seriously thinking about converting my three seater to crew cab, so I am actively researching. On eBay if you type transit back seat or bench you can find sellers selling back row as 3 individual seats next to each other. Therefore I think you can leave the middle one out. Some of them even claims that the seats has come out of a transit. In this case with a little luck the fixing points can match up. But I'm only guessing, and even the slightest chance is still a chance. As you already have it registered as a crew cab, I don't think the number of seats would bother anyone.
onyxx
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Replacing rear bench seat for two singles

Postby dumper » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:15 pm

If you get it changed you need to tell the insurance and it should be cheaper.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Customising and one offs