*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

My mk6-7 Front End Conversion photo album

Post all custom related threads here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: My mk6-7 Conversion photo album

Postby stephenferguson » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:57 pm

I have been modifying the headlight connections over from the mk6 loom to mk7 headlight, part of the front end conversion. There was two little faults, one being the headlight leveling didnt work and the second (not really being a fault just me being particular) being the indicators on the mk6's have a separate plug for the indicators.

To sort the headlight leveling, it was a simple case of moving one of the earths in the plug from pin 1 to 5. This gives the headlight leveling motor its earth to work.

To sort the indicators so that they work from the main plug, I cut the plug off the harness, loose the black (earth) and tape/tuck it away into the harness, then extend the +ve wire, tape it into the loom so its nice and neat and push it into pin 1 on the main headlight connector.
2008, VW Transporter T5, T30, 6 Speed 130, Reflex Silver.
2006, 100 T280, MWB, Mid Roof, Moondust Silver. SOLD
Mk6-Mk7 Facelift Photos Here
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby g-man » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

nice job mate :wink:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby stephenferguson » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Just to add,

The mk 7 door go straight on and the electric windows all work but the central locking doesnt, when you lock the doors they unlock for some reason.

I had to swap the drivers door loom over, then go and get a double window switch out of a ka, puma or fiesta as the mk7 door pods that hold the switches are different to the mk6.
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Davidreidy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Hurry up and get it finished dying to see what it looked like before and after im looking to transfer my mk6 to an mk7 on my transit luton van.

Im from middlesbrough so if yours is good u can do mine :D

cheers.
Azuzas Removals - Man&Van Hire - Removals - House & Shop Clearence - Collections & Deliverys
Azuza Paint & Decorators - From a Rail to a full House to a full office or shop.
Davidreidy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stephenferguson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

its finished mate apart from the respray, that wont be happening till after september, am all spent up.
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Davidreidy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:32 am

Can you upload pictures - How much did it cost you altogether to get this done im from middlesbrough and wanting my ford transit luton to get converted from mk6 to mk7 i think it would look betteron my van then the current mk6 model. or if u could send pictures to 07837773369 would you do a van again if yeah how much would you charge to do it cheers thanx.
Azuzas Removals - Man&Van Hire - Removals - House & Shop Clearence - Collections & Deliverys
Azuza Paint & Decorators - From a Rail to a full House to a full office or shop.
Davidreidy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stephenferguson » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:46 am

click the photos link at the beginning of the thread or at the bottom of my signature it says my mk6-mk7 photo album.

not sure if i would do it again ... cost me around 500, thats after ibought a front end and sold my old one, was lucky my mate had crashed his mk 6 and needed the bits!
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Davidreidy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Im so jelouse i would really love for my front end to be upgraded. just a couple of questions sorry to be a pain.

What year was your van and whats the milage just seeing if its worth to do mine on the milage of mine.
i noticed you said u paid £250.00 on labour what was that for what to do exactly to do.

after its at that stage what would you charge to do the rest?
Davidreidy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stephenferguson » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:17 pm

2006 @ 60,000 miles. it was my dads van then i swapped him for my connect. i only done it cos i owe nothing on it and i cant afford to chucky up on a new one, plus i crew cabbed the rear a few months ago, and it is my day to day runner and work van so i want it right.

250 was the labour to fit all the front end, but it was my mate and i was there to help, it would be 450-500 for anyone else.

I'm getting my mate to spray it, whole van, probs looking at a grand, but its getting flat n polished so there'll be a lot of laquer going on.
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Davidreidy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Well ive got an 2001 (51) Ford Transit Luton with 149k on the clock im using it to do removals, man & van hire so i was thinking should i spend money making it look like an mk7 or keep it as an mk6 im not sure ive had mixed reviews with responce because of its age and milage is it worth doing it i really love the mk7 but cant afford one so i dont know what to do.
Davidreidy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stephenferguson » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 pm

its your choice mate, if your going to be sticking with it for a good few years then why not but it aint an easy job. van will be off the road 3 days max i would say.
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Davidreidy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah i can cover the work for 3days while it off to get it sorted out is there any chance you can list every single part needed to do the convserion as i dont know what to buy all i know is front end off a van. cheers
Davidreidy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stephenferguson » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 pm

scuttle panel
inner wings (4 pieces in total)
slam panel
head light panels
head lights (with mk6 indicator holders)
wings
radiator using mk6 fan
cross beam inc tow eye
tow eye reinforcer
chassis end plates
window and scuttle plastics
bonnet and hinges
bumper and bumper ends

And a mk7 to measure your chassis leg cuts !

I also used mk7 header tank, fusebox holder/bracket and air intake for cab heating system.
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Davidreidy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 am

stephenferguson wrote:scuttle panel
inner wings (4 pieces in total)
slam panel
head light panels
head lights (with mk6 indicator holders)
wings
radiator using mk6 fan
cross beam inc tow eye
tow eye reinforcer
chassis end plates
window and scuttle plastics
bonnet and hinges
bumper and bumper ends

And a mk7 to measure your chassis leg cuts !

I also used mk7 header tank, fusebox holder/bracket and air intake for cab heating system.

Cheers for that but i was woundering if you can tell me because im thick which parts is from an mk6 and which parts are from an mk7 so i know which 1's to buy is your engine the 2.4 mines an 2.4 engine - do i still use my mk6 radiator or use an mk7 radator - are u upgrading your dashboard in time?

Also because you need your vehicle painting i have a couple of lads down here who paint vehicles cheaply i got 1 painted like yours fully thats him filling all the dents and holes and getting rid of rust he done it all for £500 he is good he is professional he is cheap BUT he is 1 of the mayjor sprays for Mercedes he does a good job.
Davidreidy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stephenferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:04 pm

all those bits are mk7 apart from where i have said mk6 mate,

you can use a mk6 radiator but if you do it will sit a good 4 inches under the slam panel, u need the mk6 fan because the electrical connection is different but it just unclips dead easy from the rad.

Ive promised my mate the spray work, he is really good as well and i will be there stripping the plastics etc and help prep, probs not cost me a grand was just saying thats what it would cost someone else.
stephenferguson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Customising and one offs