Had it parked up on the side of the road in Lymington last night, on a well lit urban street, with my hazard lights on. I'm offloading stuff into a first floor flat. Heard a big 'crunch' and ran outside to see a Rover 400 driven right up my vans chuff
Driver was about 85, could hardly see his hand in front of his face. Obviously didn't have his seatbelt on, his head cracked his windscreen. His Rover was absolutely totalled, and his wife taken to hospital by ambulance with neck pains.
My van is mullered at the back. Chassis bent in, door bollocksed, side panel knackered, exhaust wrecked... what a mess. Just glad I wasn't at the back of the van when he hit it. Got the glorious prospect of dealing with Saga insurance company now...
This is how it looks now:
I asked the cop who attended - how can someone miss seeing a great big van like that, in a well lit street? His reply was one word - AGE.
Bloody coffin dodgers, keep them off the roads for the safety of themselves and everyone else.








