****NOW BOOKED FOR 2022**** Transitmania 13 @Santa Pod 20th 22nd May 2022 ****ALL DETAILS HERE****


Transit production

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Transit production

Postby MalBull » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:02 am

We’re looking to replace out old Transit with a new one but 6 months after we ordered it we still don’t even
have a date. Looks like Transit production has been stopped for 5 months already and no restart in sight. Does anyone have any details / insights?

Thanks in advance - Mal
MalBull
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Transit production

Postby ME » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:20 pm

Think it’s global thing down to the pandemic, and chip shortages. I read last night that any MAN TGE orders placed now are 2023 delivery!
MAN Tge Standard. 140. Fwd. Meatalic Grey.
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Transit production

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:22 pm

MalBull wrote:We’re looking to replace out old Transit with a new one but 6 months after we ordered it we still don’t even
have a date. Looks like Transit production has been stopped for 5 months already and no restart in sight. Does anyone have any details / insights?

Thanks in advance - Mal

I'd suggest that you ask what they have in stock with a view to buying one of those. The prices will rocket once they start coming through.
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19361
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: Transit production

Postby MalBull » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Yep totally agree why they stopped but concerned there is no news on restarting.
MalBull
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Transit production

Postby MalBull » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:25 pm

Mike wrote:I'd suggest that you ask what they have in stock with a view to buying one of those. The prices will rocket once they start coming through.

Stock ran out in Feb. New prices remain static with 3yo /100,000km one selling for Way more than new here in Aussie.
MalBull
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Transit production

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 pm

MalBull wrote:Stock ran out in Feb……here in Aussie.

You might want to add your location to your profile, it saves us wasting each others time :wink:
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19361
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: Transit production

Postby MalBull » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:37 pm

ME wrote:Think it’s global thing down to the pandemic, and chip shortages. I read last night that any MAN TGE orders placed now are 2023 delivery!

Yep totally agree why they stopped but concerned there is no news on restarting.
MalBull
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Transit production

Postby MalBull » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Mike wrote:
MalBull wrote:Stock ran out in Feb……here in Aussie.

You might want to add your location to your profile, it saves us wasting each others time :wink:

Sorry - will do. Just moved here.
MalBull
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Transit production

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 pm

MalBull wrote:Sorry - will do. Just moved here.

Nice one. There’s a few Aussies here.
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19361
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: Transit production

Postby V184 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Ive factory ordered a chassis cab & been told 10 months :shock:
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3335
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is a God !

Re: Transit production

Postby MalBull » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:44 am

V184 wrote:Ive factory ordered a chassis cab & been told 10 months :shock:


Thanks- that’s more than we’re getting. All Ive got for 5 months is “no news sorry”. When did you order?

Cheers

Mal
MalBull
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Tasmania, Australia

Re: Transit production

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 am

MalBull wrote:
V184 wrote:Ive factory ordered a chassis cab & been told 10 months :shock:

Thanks- that’s more than we’re getting. All Ive got for 5 months is “no news sorry”. When did you order?
Cheers
Mal

I'd take his comments with a pinch of salt Mal, he changes his mind with the wind and regularly gets enforced holidays from the forum :wink:

For instance
V184 wrote: I've embarked on a one man campaign to rubbish Ford & Ford dealerships at every opportunity & try to turn the tide the way of Mercedes.
Mike
Wind up merchant!
 
Posts: 19361
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm
Location: HP17 0UZ

Re: Transit production

Postby V184 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:06 pm

MalBull wrote:
V184 wrote:Ive factory ordered a chassis cab & been told 10 months :shock:


Thanks- that’s more than we’re getting. All Ive got for 5 months is “no news sorry”. When did you order?

Cheers

Mal


last week
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3335
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is a God !

Re: Transit production

Postby hughesyn » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:33 am

Order placed 07/07/21
Transit Trend L3H2 350 auto with a bunch of extras .
Delivery to the dealer expected about 11th November.
So 18 weeks.

I was told about 20 weeks, so it's as expected.
2018 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: Transit production

Postby Chris21r » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:18 pm

Ordered a limited connect with a few extras, back in August. Told March delivery
Chris21r
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Next

Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hitech-donk