*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


accident

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

accident

Postby MICKA404 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:22 pm

I was involved in a accident 2 weeks ago other drivers at fault ,reported to
insurance told to take it to bodyshop for estamate, got estamate now waiting for insurance to ok .I know its going to be a rip off to his insurance , bumper/wing bonnet windscreen I could do most of it myself ,I am also claiming whiplash could i get in touch with them and ask for a cash settlement or is that not on, is it best left alone.

regards mike
I ALWAYS PASS ON GOOD ADVICE. IT ISTHE ONLY THING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS NEVER ANY USE TO YOURSELF
MICKA404
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: LIVERPOOL

Postby jamieo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:21 pm

If you have an injury claim it takes ages to sort out.
You say that you have whiplash, for this they will need to send you for a medical report with a private doctor, you may have to have an MRI scan etc as they can tell if you have it and how bad it is and how long you've had it etc. It is a long winded process, I had a motorcycle accident in 2001 and I had a pay out for my bike which was a total loss within 6 weeks but the injury payment took 4 years to sort, and that was without it going to court!!!!
Blue 1998 Ford transit 2.5di 70ps 120 swb low roof Mk5 with 5 seats. 1.5 turns on pump, egr butterfly removed and a stainless steel Urban X funnel air filter fitted. Now happily burning SVO.
User avatar
jamieo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 9:57 am
Location: Newcastle upon tyne

Re: accident

Postby mrgasoil » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:51 pm

MICKA404 wrote:I was involved in a accident 2 weeks ago,drivers at fault ,, bumper/wing bonnet windscreen I could do most of it myself ,I am also claiming whiplash is it best left alone.

regards mike


If you can fix it yourself do it :!: As for the whiplash :roll: If you can move/walk or go about your daily business DON'T CLAIM. It's false claims that put the cost of insurance up for the rest of us :evil:
Take some painkillers and be done with it :roll:


Some prick in a kia 4x4 hit me in me flareside about 2 years ago, totalled the front of his vehicle but only bent my tow bar 8) I had a stiff neck for a couple of days but hey thats life, i dont agree with todays compensation society :evil: Cost me 2 packs of anadin..not really worth claiming for :roll:
Last edited by mrgasoil on Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mk5 flareside with tail-lift GONE and will be missed!

Mk6 T350 LWB DRW dropside with tail-lift.
User avatar
mrgasoil
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2155
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: Lancashire..God's county

Postby MICKA404 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:52 pm

jamieo wrote:If you have an injury claim it takes ages to sort out.
You say that you have whiplash, for this they will need to send you for a medical report with a private doctor, you may have to have an MRI scan etc as they can tell if you have it and how bad it is and how long you've had it etc. It is a long winded process, I had a motorcycle accident in 2001 and I had a pay out for my bike which was a total loss within 6 weeks but the injury payment took 4 years to sort, and that was without it going to court!!!!


I AM fully comp on my insurance police attended the accident ,It was the others persons fault thats not in dough, just thought i could make something and save them money as I think i could get it done a lot cheaper by a private fitter. just a thought

regards mike
I ALWAYS PASS ON GOOD ADVICE. IT ISTHE ONLY THING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS NEVER ANY USE TO YOURSELF
MICKA404
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: LIVERPOOL

Postby jamieo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 pm

MICKA404 wrote:
jamieo wrote:If you have an injury claim it takes ages to sort out.
You say that you have whiplash, for this they will need to send you for a medical report with a private doctor, you may have to have an MRI scan etc as they can tell if you have it and how bad it is and how long you've had it etc. It is a long winded process, I had a motorcycle accident in 2001 and I had a pay out for my bike which was a total loss within 6 weeks but the injury payment took 4 years to sort, and that was without it going to court!!!!


I AM fully comp on my insurance police attended the accident ,It was the others persons fault thats not in dough, just thought i could make something and save them money as I think i could get it done a lot cheaper by a private fitter. just a thought

regards mike


Hi mate, I was just giving you my opinion/experience on the injury side of it. After the bike accident that I had I was on the sick and unable to work for 3 years so have loads of experience when it comes to injury claims, as for repairing your van you are best off talking to the insurance company first before doing any repairs as they may need to inspect it etc and if you do repair it yourself you should make sure that you get reciepts for all parts and also make a note of how long you are taking to do the repairs as you should be entitled to payment for your own labour.
Good luck.
Blue 1998 Ford transit 2.5di 70ps 120 swb low roof Mk5 with 5 seats. 1.5 turns on pump, egr butterfly removed and a stainless steel Urban X funnel air filter fitted. Now happily burning SVO.
User avatar
jamieo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 9:57 am
Location: Newcastle upon tyne

Postby MICKA404 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:44 pm

jamieo wrote:
MICKA404 wrote:
jamieo wrote:If you have an injury claim it takes ages to sort out.
You say that you have whiplash, for this they will need to send you for a medical report with a private doctor, you may have to have an MRI scan etc as they can tell if you have it and how bad it is and how long you've had it etc. It is a long winded process, I had a motorcycle accident in 2001 and I had a pay out for my bike which was a total loss within 6 weeks but the injury payment took 4 years to sort, and that was without it going to court!!!!


I AM fully comp on my insurance police attended the accident ,It was the others persons fault thats not in dough, just thought i could make something and save them money as I think i could get it done a lot cheaper by a private fitter. just a thought

regards mike


Hi mate, I was just giving you my opinion/experience on the injury side of it. After the bike accident that I had I was on the sick and unable to work for 3 years so have loads of experience when it comes to injury claims, as for repairing your van you are best off talking to the insurance company first before doing any repairs as they may need to inspect it etc and if you do repair it yourself you should make sure that you get reciepts for all parts and also make a note of how long you are taking to do the repairs as you should be entitled to payment for your own labour.
Good luck.

Thanks jamieo maybe i did"nt make myself clear ,the damage has allready been accessed by a body repair garage and sent back to the insurance co, his ins will have to pay the garage for the repairs,but i was thinking if i asked them to make a cash settlement with me to get it fixed privately it would be cheaper for them.
mike
I ALWAYS PASS ON GOOD ADVICE. IT ISTHE ONLY THING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS NEVER ANY USE TO YOURSELF
MICKA404
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: LIVERPOOL

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:49 pm

i had a situation when my van was parked and a car rolled down the hill and hit it, i contacted his insurance - didnt even let him know who mine was, got a quote and his insurance paid me direct - got my mate to sort it :lol:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44563
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Postby MICKA404 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:59 pm

Luke wrote:i had a situation when my van was parked and a car rolled down the hill and hit it, i contacted his insurance - didnt even let him know who mine was, got a quote and his insurance paid me direct - got my mate to sort it :lol:



thats what i ment Luke but is it to late to do that as my ins is allready involved or could i phone his ins and ask or should i leave well alone..

mike
I ALWAYS PASS ON GOOD ADVICE. IT ISTHE ONLY THING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS NEVER ANY USE TO YOURSELF
MICKA404
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: LIVERPOOL

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:06 pm

MICKA404 wrote:
Luke wrote:i had a situation when my van was parked and a car rolled down the hill and hit it, i contacted his insurance - didnt even let him know who mine was, got a quote and his insurance paid me direct - got my mate to sort it :lol:



thats what i ment Luke but is it to late to do that as my ins is allready involved or could i phone his ins and ask or should i leave well alone..

mike
not really sure mine was only a low cost £200ish i think so mabe they thought not worth the hassle - dont really have much to do with them if i can help it :lol:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44563
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Postby MICKA404 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:28 pm

yea thanks for that , think i"ll leave well alone..

regards mike
I ALWAYS PASS ON GOOD ADVICE. IT ISTHE ONLY THING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS NEVER ANY USE TO YOURSELF
MICKA404
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: LIVERPOOL


Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.