*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

Postby Clayton » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:16 pm

Well, a couple of weeks ago, me and my brother was on the way to the NEC for the second filming shoot of my Focus RS for the Used Car Roadshow.

We took the van down as we were staying over and needed wheels for travelling between the hotel and NEC.

On the way on the M69 another Transit sport pulled on and got some good pictures....

Image

Image

Image

If you are interested in seeing the pictures of the car on the stage I can post them no problem, if it's ok on a Transit forum? :?

The car looked awesome and will be showing on The Used Car Roadshow on the 14th November. :D
Image
User avatar
Clayton
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

Postby Luke » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:57 pm

cool pics 8) 8)

and lets see the car then :lol: were not that fussy :lol:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44567
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

Postby Clayton » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:27 am

Here goes, you did ask ... :wink:

As some of you know, my car was used a few weeks ago for the filming in Leeds for the Used Car roadshow. I then contacted them again when I read that they needed a car again.

When talking to Marc Lis BA (TV Production) @ Bumper Media Ltd he explained that they needed a FRS again and was struggling to find one available. They had not contacted me as the details of my car had not been passed onto them by the Leeds office.

They explained that they needed the car dropping off at 9.00am on Wed 24th October and to be collected at 12.00 that evening. I explained that I wanted to be there with the car and that I was not happy about leaving it without being there.

To my surprise Marc handed the call over to Jason Dawe (Presenter) who listened and understood my feelings and passion for my car and then offered me a V.I.P invitation to the Used Car Awards Ceremony.

I then managed to get another V.I.P guest invite for my twin brother as company.

The day started off with valeters cleaning all the cars for the show but guess who cleaned mine?

Later in the day they requested that all cars were driven in for the rehearsals, one at a time with mine being the second one in.

The ramp was very steep and had to be modified for the FRS to go up and down at my request. (Glad I was there)

Later on at the Ceremony the filming began and first up was the Supermini category which the Audi A2 won.

2nd Category was ours - The Hot Hatch Focus RS against the Volkswagen Golf GTI and R32 and the Honda Civic Type-R

Yes, thanks to many voting the Focus RS was declared the WINNER.

When the curtain went up to reveal the FRS my car looked stunning with the lighting and atmosphere.

The other Categories went on and then to my surprise the Presenters (Jason Dawe and Penny Mallory) revealed that the overall winner of all categories went to the Focus RS and my car was back on stage for another viewing.

The filming of my car was shown to the audience and was awesome to see especially as they have added my build number to the shots. (Leeds filming - Showing on TV on the 14th November which is the last of the series)

Good news for all of us and hopfully that will retain the values even more for the FRS.

I will be adding pics daily as there are so many.

Thanks for reading and sorry it's a long story but it was amazing!
On the way down

Image

The valeting marque..

Image

The FRS awaiting the first stage rehearsal..

Image

A closer shot of how she looked after buftying and just before her first stage show..

Image

The first ramp trial

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Yep!

Had to be done.

I'm on the left.

Image


I'm on the left.
Image
User avatar
Clayton
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

Postby poppajoe » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:50 am

Bewtiful car mate, credit to you :wink:
I am sure I seen ure number plate on the road somewhere, is it out often? I guess not :!: was it on something else?

By the way lovely van too, top pics of two together...

And lastly - you standing next to a mirror? or got a twin?? :shock:
User avatar
poppajoe
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:59 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

Postby Clayton » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:08 am

poppajoe wrote:Bewtiful car mate, credit to you :wink:
I am sure I seen ure number plate on the road somewhere, is it out often? I guess not :!: was it on something else?

By the way lovely van too, top pics of two together...

And lastly - you standing next to a mirror? or got a twin?? :shock:



Thanks for the kind comments.

The car used to be used daily for three years but now just for shows.

I have V 8ORG going on my van soon and my twin brother in the picture has D 8ORG on his Orange ST and my younger brother has N 8ORG on his White Fiesta ST so they will look cool together.

Will get a good picture of all when the plate is on the van.

Cheers

Clay
Image
User avatar
Clayton
Sportvan Owner!
Sportvan Owner!
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What's that in the distance, The Blue Army?

Postby sus » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:21 am

cool pics 8)
connect 110T200 with aircon
sus
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 pm


Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.