*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Weller Centre Caps

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Weller Centre Caps

Postby AlanN » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:55 pm

I give up! I tried searching.
can anyone remember the posting about the chrome centre caps that fitted the weller wheels and where to get them?
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:08 pm

i think compomotive still sell them, not sure if they are the same size tho :?

does this mean you have some wellers :?:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44565
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby AlanN » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:11 pm

I just got the type with round holes and fake bolts to make them look like split rims, modular is it...
Just need the centre caps and see if I can get the fake plastic bolts :D

Someone posted a link on here to a site that sold them and I didnt think anymore about it until now :?
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby Guy88 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:18 pm

Them wheels are sh1t. i wouldnt have bourt them :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
User avatar
Guy88
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 17042
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Banbury, oxon

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby andykay » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:24 pm

1992 MK4 120 SWB V6 24V AUTO
1996 MK5 100 LWB TD AUTO

Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive.
User avatar
andykay
Cosworth Powered
Cosworth Powered
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby AlanN » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:43 pm

Guy88 wrote:Them wheels are sh1t. i wouldnt have bourt them :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

right dodgy gezzer, kept looking over his sholder all the time, gave him my money and his disappeared in to :wink: :D :D :lol: the night!!!!
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby snap-on » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:52 pm

Not sure if any off this link will fit but worth a try http://www.americanracing.com you may get a link off there that could help. I thought Weller wheels had started up again :?:
any other bits try here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9817&hilit=+some+useful+websites
Dave
When the going gets tough get a Transit
Image
User avatar
snap-on
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:14 am
Location: Llanfairfechan North Wales

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby AlanN » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanks guys and Guy's I will email them see what they have, Im hoping to find the little plastic bolts around the edge too...
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps & Fake Split Rim Bolts

Postby AlanN » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:55 pm

Well, Ive sent a few emails about centre caps and Im waiting to hear from them, but I can't find anything on the plastic bolts which make up the split rim part of the hub. I was thinking of some coloured anodised bolts, anyone got any ideas
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby Guy88 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:05 pm

could you not get some metal cap head bolts and 'chemical metal' them on :idea:
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
User avatar
Guy88
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 17042
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Banbury, oxon

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby AlanN » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 pm

I've knocked out the plastic ones, they are just pushed in, i could bond some on, but I was thinking of a allen key bolt and a locking nut, can you get coloured ones?
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby djswampy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 pm

AlanN wrote:I was thinking of a allen key bolt and a locking nut, can you get coloured ones?



Allen key bolts are known as cap heads, As for coloured ones, you could get them anodised, or simply paint them yourself.
Current Transit: Mk8 tourneo Sport with go faster stripes.

Long time sold: Mk5 LWB 190, 2.5di banana SHR, 3 seats, SLD, Twin rear doors (rusted bottoms), manual locking & windows.
User avatar
djswampy
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Colchester.

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby AlanN » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:02 am

djswampy wrote:
AlanN wrote:I was thinking of a allen key bolt and a locking nut, can you get coloured ones?



Allen key bolts are known as cap heads, As for coloured ones, you could get them anodised, or simply paint them yourself.

THanks djswampy, Just been looking at some on ebay... 6 for £3.99 and i need 80 off them, I think Im going to have to look for a supplier!!!
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby Guy88 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:41 am

I would try an agricultural parts depot. they should be able to get you some.

If not i can get you a bag of 100
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
User avatar
Guy88
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 17042
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Banbury, oxon

Re: Weller Centre Caps

Postby djswampy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:04 am

Any fixings company should be able to supply you. We use loads in factories on machines. Essex wise, I would say Action fixings in Colchester. or there is another place in Chelmsford on the dukes industrial near screwfix.
Suppose you could try screwfix, they might sell some.
Bound to be a fixings place nearer to you though.
Current Transit: Mk8 tourneo Sport with go faster stripes.

Long time sold: Mk5 LWB 190, 2.5di banana SHR, 3 seats, SLD, Twin rear doors (rusted bottoms), manual locking & windows.
User avatar
djswampy
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Colchester.

Next

Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.