*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Black Transit?

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Black Transit?

Postby Alexhoc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:36 pm

I don't seem to see many black Transits about, and as mine needs a respray I was considering it a an option. Has anyone got any pictures of one so I could have an idea of what it would look like?
Alexhoc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Harrogate

Re: Black Transit?

Postby madmark » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:38 pm

:lol: :lol: for a start what van have you got ,without going all through your posts :lol: :lol:
this will help ,no you dont see many black vans but it would need to be perfect body otherwise it would show every dent and mark! :wink:
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Black Transit?

Postby BigNeil » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:48 pm

dieselpat has one and there should be photos from the meet he went to down in england somewhere (excuse my ignorance)
User avatar
BigNeil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8422
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: Forfar, Angus, Scotland

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Guy88 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:51 pm

only good thing about black is the look

Main reason i didnt go with it was the body would have to be PERFECT any scratch in the paint below would show,

Also a b*stard to keep clean,the supermarket would be a nightmare and you'd look like an undertaker
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
User avatar
Guy88
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 17042
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:37 pm
Location: Banbury, oxon

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Luke » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:51 pm

black vans look the dogs when they are new, but like mark says they show up evey little dint :x pats of course hasnt got any 8) :lol:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44570
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Alexhoc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Sorry I guess I should have been more precise :lol:

It's a Mk5 LWB SHR. Soon to be wearing wellers, spotlights, bullbars and V6. There is a fair bit of bodywork to do and as it would be a total respray the body would be as new... Smoother though! :wink: I really like the cosworth blue too, but I've seen pictures of that...
Alexhoc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Harrogate

Re: Black Transit?

Postby MONSTER 0NE » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:58 pm

i had thought about doing my van black, but cant really see myself getting the body work that mint, so im still undersided what colour or colours to do mine :?
Right 5th Transit now A black petrol mk5 swb, soon to be coverted into a day van mpv.
RIP CATDADDY gone but never forgotten you were a true legend
RIP Ratwood another true great gone who will also never be forgotten
MONSTER 0NE
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: NORTHAMPTON

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Altransit » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Having owned a couple of black cars in the past, then aircon is almost a necessity in summer, as they absorb all the heat :|
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 42108
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 pm

new black vans are usually ordered by undertakers :!:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 5:09 pm
Location: Preston

Re: Black Transit?

Postby WINDSCREENGUY » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:33 pm

ive got one lol :D
formally grey van man.

2010 115 semi high mwb . Fully loaded.
WINDSCREENGUY
previously grey van man
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:44 am
Location: hertfordshire,essex,london

Re: Black Transit?

Postby AndyG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:49 am

Alexhoc wrote:Sorry I guess I should have been more precise :lol:

It's a Mk5 LWB SHR. Soon to be wearing wellers, spotlights, bullbars and V6. There is a fair bit of bodywork to do and as it would be a total respray the body would be as new... Smoother though! :wink: I really like the cosworth blue too, but I've seen pictures of that...

Well this is the closest I have at "short" notice and I have to admit that I'm not keen on black for many reasons but was considering this one, until someone mentioned it would have been an undertakers van and put me right off it :evil: :evil: :lol:

Image
You can probably tell, I like all my toys :!: :wink: :D
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Neil » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:52 pm

sorry mate :roll: just lookin at that one you can see 2 men in black suits in the front :lol: :lol:
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 5:09 pm
Location: Preston

Re: Black Transit?

Postby AndyG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:56 pm

Neil wrote:sorry mate :roll: just lookin at that one you can see 2 men in black suits in the front :lol: :lol:

:lol: As long as none of us are in the back :!: :shock: We'll be fine :!: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Re: Black Transit?

Postby hdegroot » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Andyg wrote:
Alexhoc wrote:Sorry I guess I should have been more precise :lol:

It's a Mk5 LWB SHR. Soon to be wearing wellers, spotlights, bullbars and V6. There is a fair bit of bodywork to do and as it would be a total respray the body would be as new... Smoother though! :wink: I really like the cosworth blue too, but I've seen pictures of that...

Well this is the closest I have at "short" notice and I have to admit that I'm not keen on black for many reasons but was considering this one, until someone mentioned it would have been an undertakers van and put me right off it :evil: :evil: :lol:

Image
You can probably tell, I like all my toys :!: :wink: :D


that van looks excellent
MK5 150 LWB TD
Volvo C 3 0 3 4x4
User avatar
hdegroot
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:08 pm

Re: Black Transit?

Postby Black Beauty » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:31 pm

i got a black mk3 swb mini bus gl modle all widows are tinted so are the lights the grill has the crome stuff on it like teh rangerovers have
soon will be coming cats eyes from teh road makings on the front will be white and back red ones why you ask well no matter if the lights are on when headlight shine on them you will see it it looks nice seen it in germany on a merc
then side runners in crome
thinking of the front and rear bumpers moding them a bit and make them crom as well who knows
lots of jobs i wanna do on it but must do it slow or wifey will kick off as she uses it more than me i have my moggy traveller
Black Beauty
MK3 Massive
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:35 pm
Location: great yarmouth

Next

Return to Transit Talk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.