Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020

A-Plan insurance club discount.

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Re: A-Plan insurance club discount.

Postby captain hook » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Still waiting for my commission after recommending a friend who took out a policy.

Also had a moron deal with my claim that left me £820 out of pocket.
captain hook
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dan_cameron » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:17 am

captain hook wrote:Still waiting for my commission after recommending a friend who took out a policy.

Also had a moron deal with my claim that left me £820 out of pocket.

I would be very interested in looking into this claim for you. Can you PM me your name and number and I will look into this for you.

If you also let me know your friends name and postcode I will check into that.

All the very best

Dan Cameron
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879910
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby Cal1990 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Will be calling you soon Dan as renewal due November and now I've turned 25 im getting crazy cheap quotes on m/s so will try yourself shortly. You in on a Saturday?
mk7 Transit swb low roof in beautiful black :)
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dan_cameron » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:06 am

Cal1990 wrote:Will be calling you soon Dan as renewal due November and now I've turned 25 im getting crazy cheap quotes on m/s so will try yourself shortly. You in on a Saturday?

Hello,

I am in on Saturday from 8:30am until 12:00pm.

My number is 01635-879910.

All the best
Dan Cameron
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879910
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby dan_cameron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:42 am

Hello,
I now have a forum only number which will put you directly over to me Smile
The number is 01635-879905.
Remember I have great schemes in place to cover standard vans, Dayvans, Camper conversions, modifications and business use.
If your insurance is due within the next 30 days then please call me or send me a private message with your name and number.
Kind regards
Dan Cameron
A-Plan Schemes
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby screechowl » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm in a fix.... thought I'd sold my van so I let the insurance expire, then buyer let me down so I had to renew it & immediately waved goodbye to my last £228, very next day I sold van to someone else, but guy from A-Plan said I wont get full refund when I cancel cos I have to pay admin charge plus extra for each day I've been covered, amounting to around £75-£80, I only get £300 for sale of van & of that I have to pay ebay £40 so I'm giving my beloved Transit away for £180 :shock:

I'm always recommending A-Plan to people (but I've never had commision :shock:) & since I've been with them I never even bother to get other quotes, such a fan I am, but not a happy bunny now :(
screechowl
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:22 pm

screechowl wrote:I'm in a fix.... thought I'd sold my van so I let the insurance expire, then buyer let me down so I had to renew it & immediately waved goodbye to my last £228, very next day I sold van to someone else, but guy from A-Plan said I wont get full refund when I cancel cos I have to pay admin charge plus extra for each day I've been covered, amounting to around £75-£80, I only get £300 for sale of van & of that I have to pay ebay £40 so I'm giving my beloved Transit away for £180 :shock:

I'm always recommending A-Plan to people (but I've never had commision :shock:) & since I've been with them I never even bother to get other quotes, such a fan I am, but not a happy bunny now :(

begging bowl is out :lol:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby dan_cameron » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:57 am

screechowl wrote:I'm in a fix.... thought I'd sold my van so I let the insurance expire, then buyer let me down so I had to renew it & immediately waved goodbye to my last £228, very next day I sold van to someone else, but guy from A-Plan said I wont get full refund when I cancel cos I have to pay admin charge plus extra for each day I've been covered, amounting to around £75-£80, I only get £300 for sale of van & of that I have to pay ebay £40 so I'm giving my beloved Transit away for £180 :shock:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post up.

Reading forums and checking websites like the review centre this is a common issue in the market and one of the things that draws in the most negative feedback.

Pretty much every broker/ insurer will have administration/cancellation charges when a policy is cancelled and we do list this on our renewal/new business letter so they are not hidden charges.

The reason the insurers charge, is they cover the risk. If you make a claim for an accident or fire or theft then they will pay the claim before the policy is cancelled.

The administration we charge is for the time and effort in setting up the policy, issuing documents, and then issuing the cancellation.

I am happy to check the cancellation for you, to make sure its all done correctly.

Please PM me your name and contact number and I will look into this.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879905
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby screechowl » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:47 am

transitandy wrote:Not heard a dicky bird :?:
It was a friend who wanted his van coverd :roll:
And there's me raving about Aplan to him :roll: :roll: :x
FURTHERMORE I CLEARLY TOLD YOUR CO WORKER IT WAS TRANSITANDY OFF THE FORUM :!:

Sounds like it's not a good idea to talk to just any co worker who leaves you a message to phone up & renew :?

I pm'd you late last night Dan, you've not got back to me yet.. But have to wait for guy taking van anyway & he may not turn up as is typical of ebay users :roll:

Full moon magic making me want to keep my van :cry:
screechowl
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dan_cameron » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:34 am

screechowl wrote:
transitandy wrote:Not heard a dicky bird :?:
It was a friend who wanted his van coverd :roll:
And there's me raving about Aplan to him :roll: :roll: :x
FURTHERMORE I CLEARLY TOLD YOUR CO WORKER IT WAS TRANSITANDY OFF THE FORUM :!:

Sounds like it's not a good idea to talk to just any co worker who leaves you a message to phone up & renew :?

I pm'd you late last night Dan, you've not got back to me yet.. But have to wait for guy taking van anyway & he may not turn up as is typical of ebay users :roll:

Full moon magic making me want to keep my van :cry:

Hello,

Sorry for the late post but have just got back off holiday.

We did PM and glad we got the cancellation issue sorted. I was on the case for you and if you had not kept the vehicle, I would have been able to help out.

With regards to Transit andy's message, all I can say is mistakes do happen. I get passed messages form all the forums I deal on and sometimes they get missed. It's never a lack of effort and I apologise if I do not call you back straight away.

On the positive, I am actually insuring more Ford Transit members than ever and you are my second best performing forum :D

I also have a forum only number so it's much easier getting hold of me. 01635-879905.

Kind regards

Dan
A-Plan Insurance
01635-879905
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby Hayesy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Not had a call back after speaking to Dan and passing my details on to him, his colleague rang back the next day as he was off and then no one has rang back since, didn't seem too bothered
Hayesy

Postby dan_cameron » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:19 am

Hayesy wrote:Not had a call back after speaking to Dan and passing my details on to him, his colleague rang back the next day as he was off and then no one has rang back since, didn't seem too bothered

Hello,

Not sure if you have got confused but my colleague Lee Haswell, went into a lot of details with you and quoted you a rate.

I spoke to him and he will give you a call to discuss.

He offered a rate cheaper than you had, and offered to get our commercial department to call you with the tools cover.

Dan
A-Plan Schemes
01635-879905
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby grandads_shed » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:18 pm

looks like i will have to get my insurance from some where else ,, need it for the 28th ,not open sat afternoons .. , and their phone message says they will not be open again until Tues 29th :( :(
grandads_shed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dan_cameron » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:20 pm

grandads_shed wrote:looks like i will have to get my insurance from some where else ,, need it for the 28th ,not open sat afternoons .. , and their phone message says they will not be open again until Tues 29th :( :(

Hello,

It was the easter break and we closed the good Friday, open Saturday until 12:00pm and closed the bank holiday.

We were open all week and the Saturday morning so people could get quotes and renewals.

Sorry we missed you, but please try us again next year.

All the very best

Dan Cameron
A-Plan
dan_cameron
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby transitandy » Sun May 22, 2016 11:55 am

I spoke to Dan at A-plan and got a great quote :D
Give him a try :wink:
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Talk