*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Replacing a 200ps MK7

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Replacing a 200ps MK7

Postby STEVE P » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:42 pm

I have had my 200ps high roof Transit MK7 for 9 years and has been amazing. Due to a minor prang recently I looked into replacing it in case it was written off, luckily it wasn't but it has got me thinking what would I replace it with when I do need to.

One of the rental vans I had was a MK8 and I must say I was a bit disappointed in one the performance obviously and secondly ridiculous safety devices like having to put my foot on the brake to start it. I must have stalled it a dozen times due to its lack of low end torque. I was also very disappointed in ts fuel consumption considering it was only a 2.0 ltr engine

Looking at Fords website I see a MK8 200ps is not an option unless you live in the USA where you can also get a petrol V8. :D :D :D

Has anybody ever imported a Transit from the USA? RHD is possible apparently as there Post Office have RHD for some reason.

I know they do a 170ps in the MK8 but it will be the torque I will miss more than the power.

I have even looked into a Merc but the high powered one with a V6 engine and some toys will be over £40k plus taxes. :shock:

Steve
STEVE P
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Replacing a 200ps MK7

Postby oldyellar » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:53 pm

You get the 5cyl 3.2 diesel in the u.s aswell
oldyellar
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Replacing a 200ps MK7

Postby motorman116 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 pm

:shock: I will be in the same situation when the time comes, even though it wont be for some time yet..
2008 3.2 5 pot diesel Ford Transit GLX Lwb, Hr
motorman116
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Talk