*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fuel Injectors 2018 Transit auto

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Fuel Injectors 2018 Transit auto

Postby Mike Davids » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:51 pm

All the is talk about 2019 models having this fault but my low mileage 2018 Ford Transit Motor Home had one injector fail in May this year at 4000 miles while still in guarantee and one fail yesterday at 5432 miles one month out of guarantee meaning a recovery truck home and a cancelled holiday for the second time in six weeks. The infuriating part is that when it went into Hendy Ford for the first replacement under warranty i asked that all injectors be replaced as it was a known fault. The service manager refused saying they will only replace those that have failed under warranty and stated that i could rely on the vehicle. Having now read Ford's official announcement this seems contrary to what Ford promised. Obviously, i shall take it up with Customer Relations if I can ever get them to pick up the phone that is. Tried for an hour yesterday, back on the case Monday.
Mike Davids

Re: Fuel Injectors 2018 Transit auto

Postby gagarhin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:26 am

How can you know an injector not working well and will fail in the future? Until now my cars were all on gasoline. It is my first time when I have a diesel car and I need to know it better !
gagarhin

Return to Transit Talk