*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Thoughts on the Ford Transit?

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Thoughts on the Ford Transit?

Postby ZhakirSetie » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:27 am

We currently have a Nissan NV 200, which is way too small for 2 adults and a dog in the long run. We were looking to upgrade to the Nissan NV 1500 or 2500. However, I started a new job that gives me lots of perks from other companies. One of this perks is employee pricing at Ford, which would knock about $7,000 off of the Transit. The Transit also gets about 9mpg more than the Nissan does. I’m hesitant to buy an American made car as I’ve had nothing but problems with them in the past. Does anyone on here have a Transit that they’ve purchased in the last few years? We would be getting a 2020 or 2021. Thanks for your time, happy travels everyone!
ZhakirSetie

Re: Thoughts on the Ford Transit?

Postby ZhakirSetie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:07 am

ZhakirSetie wrote:We currently have a Nissan NV 200, which is way too small for 2 adults and a dog in the long run. We were looking to upgrade to the Nissan NV 1500 or 2500. However, I started a new job that gives me lots of perks from other companies. One of this perks is employee pricing at Ford, which would knock about $7,000 off of the Transit. The Transit also gets about 9mpg more than the Nissan does. I’m hesitant to buy an American made VidMate Mobdro
car as I’ve had nothing but problems with them in the past. Does anyone on here have a Transit that they’ve purchased in the last few years? We would be getting a 2020 or 2021. Thanks for your time, happy travels everyone!

issue got solvedd
ZhakirSetie

Postby Dominik1968 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi there.

Most of the people on this forum that have later model Mk7/Mk8/ Custom etc Transit are the ones built at thr huge Transit facility in Turkey and virtually 100% are fitted with diesel engines
I can only speak from my own experiences with my Mk8, the build quality has been superb, one or two major issues such as a turbo and a gearbox needing replacing but then again i have down over 370,000 miles since 2016.
Having watched some of the Youtube videos of the American Transits i get the feeling the the Transit is a far better product certainly a better experience to drive.

Regards Dominik
20,000 MILES AND COUNTING :!: :D [/img]
Dominik1968
GLX Posse

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm

You’re wasting your time Dom, any of these posts with ‘ issue got solved’ are spam.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Return to Transit Talk