*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Some help and ideas needed

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Some help and ideas needed

Postby seakoot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi Guys!

Maybe you can point me to the right direction.

I am thinking about getting a mk7 9 seater transit. L2H1 version to make it a good long distance cruiser :D I want to paint it Ford Stealth gray, put sound insulation, some nicer wheels (really like those 18 inch that they put on Customs etc. They look like old rally compomotive wheels. Nice stereo and so that children can watch their stuff from a bigger screen. A roofrack and solar panel. To the back I want to make a bed and under the bed places to put the stuff. Then when we are on the road to somewhere far away we don't have to stay in the hotel every night. And I REALLY don't want a big camper van :D

At the moment the problem is that all the main webstores that sell stuff for a transit are in UK. But with Brexit everything is much more expensive for me and complicated with the customs. Are there any good places to get stuff for mk7 transit outside of UK? I have used Google but somehow still I find only UK sites? Nothing else?

Thinking of buying something like on the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
seakoot

Re: Some help and ideas needed

Postby Airthies » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:35 am

Think Germany or in a post somewhere else Poland was mentioned as having lots of transits.
Where exactly are you?

Sent from my A55ho11 using Crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Some help and ideas needed

Postby seakoot » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:50 pm

I am in Estonia. We have transits here also but we mainly use them for commercial vehicles and no pimped up rides :D Some new Customs are pretty nice with the original bodykits.
seakoot

Return to Transit Talk