*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Service & maintenance logbooks - feedback please

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Service & maintenance logbooks - feedback please

Postby DG-Unit » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:40 pm

Would anyone be interested in the replacement log book I've made for my van?

Mine didn't come with anything and got hold of a Ford one that is full of useless stuff about warranties and only using Ford parts and the generic ones on eBay have nice covers but the inside pages are a copy/paste job with limited useful info. I also don't like there's no way to document DIY servicing and repairs which a lot of people on forums like this are very competent at and able to back up their work with parts receipts and info. So I made one for my van to keep track of everything. I've done it in the Mk6/Mk7 style of service books but kept it generic so they could work with any future project vehicles I have. There's space for loads of things you don't normally find in a service booklet that I find helpful to reference. It doesn't apply to me because I'll be buried with this van but might help with documentation when other come to sell theirs.

Thought I'd put it out there, maybe get some feedback on it and see if it's worth getting a few more printed. It's 48 pages, laminated A5 landscape (so fits in most document wallets). They'd cost £15 and any proceeds would go to an emergency repair fund for my van. So more of a lost cause than a good cause, but still.

WP1-3-01.png
WP2-01.png
WP3-01.png
WP4-01.png
WP5-02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 Transit SWB 85 T260
DG-Unit
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Service & maintenance logbooks - feedback please

Postby Dominik1968 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:34 pm

Hi.
It's all done via the Ford Pro app now, like yours, my new van came with very few books, service log book etc
20,000 MILES AND COUNTING :!: :D [/img]
Dominik1968
GLX Posse

Return to Transit Talk