*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

lsd MK8 and maybe Dana axles

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

lsd MK8 and maybe Dana axles

Postby bj928 » Tue May 03, 2022 8:00 pm

OK, so i have been researching and buying mk8 axles uk and usa, it seems the difference is in the shafts, uk 35 spline, usa 34 spline, i have a uk axles being build with usa parts to make sure the casings are the same, and also going to shortly get a pair of twin wheel usa shafts and diff to make sure the twin wheel axles will take the usa internals, if all goes well and everything fits as it should, who is in the market for LSD mk8 parts, i will supply ford factory new parts only at the point, maybe aftermarket diffs on request, i'm working in america till the end of the year, and will be shipping any parts at the end of the year, at this moment i can supply the parts (2x half shafts, 1x ford lsd diff) for £750, at this point im more looking for feed back to see if this is something people would be interested in before i spend my money on buying, need to know the ratio of people wanting single wheel set ups, or twin wheel set ups, i may also ship a few used factory LSD axles if people want to just do an axle swap, the USA axles only seem to be 3.31 and 3.73 ratios and single wheel, not found any twin wheel used axles at the moment, again, price would be £750 but condition unknown as they are used,

also, i brought in my checked luggage to the USA a diff from a Dana transit axle, (the strange things i put in checked luggage is unreal), i will be seeing if it matches any usa dana diffs so i can maybe supply mk6/7 axles LSD's as well, feedback on this as well to see if its worth looking into or if the mk8 will be more popular.

so talk to me, what do people want
bj928
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: lsd MK8 and maybe Dana axles

Postby Chris21r » Wed May 04, 2022 6:11 am

I know you said you've not found twin wheel, but if you could get a 3.73 twin wheel axle with LSD that would suit me perfect
Chris21r
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: lsd MK8 and maybe Dana axles

Postby bj928 » Wed May 04, 2022 6:19 am

Chris21r wrote:I know you said you've not found twin wheel, but if you could get a 3.73 twin wheel axle with LSD that would suit me perfect

i haven't found any twin wheel used axles, let alone an LSD one, thats why i'm looking at supplying the parts to covert uk axles, i believe its a relatively quick job, it shouldn't need the back lash sorting as pinion doesn't need touching and LSD goes back where original diff was, ratio changes is a little more difficult, but ratios as tall as 3.08 are available
bj928
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Talk