*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Stuck Stories

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Stuck Stories

Postby BigLadCraig » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:11 pm

Anyone got any stories of getting there transit well and truly stuck? Could be in mud, snow, potholes etc, it happens to us all. Was laughing about one that happened last week and wondered if anyones had a similarly sticky situation :roll:

Just finished the last job for the day right, wanted to treat meself to a big lunch on the way home since it’s been a while since I’ve had a minute spare like. Parked her up where I could, popped into the pie shop and got me couples cakes and other stuff I shouldn’t be eating according to the diet me mrs is forcing (which me and my belly arent a fan of)

All’s well

Sat there in me van, stuffing me face, watching rain start coming down heavy. Laughing at the poor buggers getting wet

There weren’t any spaces on car park so I parked on the grass beside it, all 4 wheels off-road over the curb. Didn’t think much of it like.

Bet yous can see were this is going :lol:

Stick her in first, and as I’m patting me big fat belly I realise she’s not moving an inch when I’m accelerating. Double check I’m definitely in gear and try again - same sh*t. Didn’t know at the time she’d sunk into the wet grass so I gave her more revs - going nowhere fast, wheels spinning helplessly, just growling in the mud.

It was like clay under me tires when I stuck me arm out and had a look, proper thick. I give her a few more bursts but she couldn’t get a grip, either backwards or forwards. Trapped.

She ain’t the best in snow or ice and stuff (many times I’ve had to cancel work ‘cos I can’t get off me drive) but I thought she’d be better than this on a bit of grass.

Me tires just churned the grass and I was burying meself trying to rock her out with me foot down. Eventually my wife rang and asked where I was, which was when I was caught red handed :? needless to say after some lads very kindly gave me a push, I was having salad for tea for a week…
BigLadCraig

Re: Stuck Stories

Postby hughesyn » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:53 am

I got stuck in a National Trust car park once, only needed to be towed a couple of feet to get unstuck.

Now I have M&S rated all season tyres on the front and carry folding plastic traction mats, snow socks and of course a tow rope.
2023 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Stuck Stories

Postby BigLadCraig » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:00 pm

hughesyn wrote:I got stuck in a National Trust car park once, only needed to be towed a couple of feet to get unstuck.

Now I have M&S rated all season tyres on the front and carry folding plastic traction mats, snow socks and of course a tow rope.

Some car parks are brutal I swear. I should start carrying a tow rope with me, I swear I never need it and then I’m sat revving my arse off going nowhere fast :lol:
BigLadCraig

Return to Transit Talk