*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

All New Transit Custom

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

All New Transit Custom

Postby WarrenB » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:34 pm

Configurator has gone live on Ford's website, though it's still a bit glitchy. Anyone got one on order?

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/build-your- ... mGBR202375

Some odd sounding options too. 'Translinked windscreen wipers'.. no idea!

Quite a decent looking bit of kit, though I'm not sure if I prefer the way the current model looks inside and out. I'm not sure about the odd looking square steering wheel on the new one which I can see being more of a hindrance if you're doing a lot of town driving/parking.

And if you thought the current Custom was obscenely priced, you'll pay quite a bit more for the new one.
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: All New Transit Custom

Postby Altransit » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:00 pm

WarrenB wrote:And if you thought the current Custom was obscenely priced, you'll pay quite a bit more for the new one.

From 32+k plus VAT :shock:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby ME » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:51 pm

Altransit wrote:
WarrenB wrote:And if you thought the current Custom was obscenely priced, you'll pay quite a bit more for the new one.

From 32+k plus VAT :shock:

Can tell someone hasn’t bought a new van recently. :lol:
Mercedes Vimto Premium
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Altransit » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:47 pm

ME wrote:Can tell someone hasn’t bought a new van recently. :lol:

.............. or ever :roll:

But I did price up a new fully loaded Custom, which I nearly bought, back in 2015, and that was around 28k.
Luckily for me, I correctly predicted a steady decline in my business, and settled for buying the one I have, at nearly 10% of that price.
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby WarrenB » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:26 am

Altransit wrote:
ME wrote:Can tell someone hasn’t bought a new van recently. :lol:

.............. or ever :roll:

But I did price up a new fully loaded Custom, which I nearly bought, back in 2015, and that was around 28k.
Luckily for me, I correctly predicted a steady decline in my business, and settled for buying the one I have, at nearly 10% of that price.

That's not too different to what I was quoted for a Sport with pretty much every option ticked in January 2020... Decided to hold off for a few months as I was buying a house at the time. That was a silly mistake looking back!
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Altransit » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:26 am

WarrenB wrote: That was a silly mistake looking back!

Or maybe not if you were thinking of leasing.
My neighbour took out a lease on a new VW, for 5 years back in 2018. Having already paid several hundred £ per month, over 5 years, he's just paid the balloon payment of almost the same amount as the van cost outright, back in 2018 :shock:
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:33 am

Is this now the one with the VW parternship, or just a mid cycle facelift?

Styling wise its not really a big change, you can still tell what it is - although it does look like it could be confused with one of those peugot experts things...!
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby WarrenB » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:54 pm

MinorMatt wrote:Is this now the one with the VW parternship, or just a mid cycle facelift?

Styling wise its not really a big change, you can still tell what it is - although it does look like it could be confused with one of those peugot experts things...!

It's the all new one with VW, so guessing there'll be an even more expensive Volkswagen badged one with added VW tax along soon. I think Ford have had most of the say in the design of this one though, believe VW have called most of the shots with the smaller Connect and and Courier.
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Mon May 08, 2023 8:41 pm

WarrenB wrote:
MinorMatt wrote:Is this now the one with the VW parternship, or just a mid cycle facelift?

It's the all new one with VW, so guessing there'll be an even more expensive Volkswagen badged one with added VW tax along soon. I think Ford have had most of the say in the design of this one though, believe VW have called most of the shots with the smaller Connect and and Courier.

Isnt the new Courier Puma based ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby WarrenB » Tue May 09, 2023 3:21 pm

V184 wrote:
WarrenB wrote:

Isnt the new Courier Puma based ?

Ah! So it is!

Thought both the new Connect and Courier were on VW platforms. Though it looks like it's only the Tourneo Connect that's a VW underneath rather than the Transit Connect...
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:54 pm

Styling wise its not really a big change, you can still tell what it is - although it does look like it could be confused with one of those peugot experts things...![/quote]

It's the all new one with VW, so guessing there'll be an even more expensive Volkswagen badged one with added VW tax along soon. I think Ford have had most of the say in the design of this one though, believe VW have called most of the shots with the smaller Connect and and Courier.[/quote]

Isnt the new Courier Puma based ?[/quote]

Ah! So it is!

Thought both the new Connect and Courier were on VW platforms. Though it looks like it's only the Tourneo Connect that's a VW underneath rather than the Transit Connect...[/quote]

Think the vw Connect is coming :( :( :(
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby WarrenB » Sun May 14, 2023 9:53 pm

V184 wrote:Styling wise its not really a big change, you can still tell what it is - although it does look like it could be confused with one of those peugot experts things...!

It's the all new one with VW, so guessing there'll be an even more expensive Volkswagen badged one with added VW tax along soon. I think Ford have had most of the say in the design of this one though, believe VW have called most of the shots with the smaller Connect and and Courier.[/quote]

Isnt the new Courier Puma based ?[/quote]

Ah! So it is!

Thought both the new Connect and Courier were on VW platforms. Though it looks like it's only the Tourneo Connect that's a VW underneath rather than the Transit Connect...[/quote]

Think the vw Connect is coming :( :( :([/quote]

A mate of mine bought a new Tourneo Custom, the one based on the VW Caddy. Decent looking thing, though I still prefer the previous Ford Tourneo styling wise. The interior in the new one is VW based though and the infotainment system is awful. Lets the whole thing down. His was one of the first to be registered so didn't get to play around with one until his arrived. Said if he knew the infotainment was that bad he wouldn't have bought one.
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Talk