*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sending back 2024 transit custom...anyone else?

An area for members to hang out and chat, discuss anything transit related!

Moderator: Luke

Sending back 2024 transit custom...anyone else?

Postby cyman » Thu May 16, 2024 2:31 pm

Bought a new transit custom 2 weeks ago hoping for a nice upgrade over my 66 plate custom but I've found myself just compromising to be happy about it. I made the phone call today about taking it back.

I'm wondering if anyone else is dissapointed with theirs or have sent it back already??

Not that it's important here's some of my reasons.

I'm 6ft 4 seats don't go back as far as they used to so when steering wheel adjusted for comfort my knee is to close when pressing the clutch so I can't get fingers under it or if I twist my leg my keg hits the now much lower gear selector surround.

Vents are so low in the centre you can't aim at body as it hits my knee or hand on the steering wheel.

Auto ac is terrible and tries to cool you not the cab. If you hit auto it resets the vent settings you had so you have to do them again

Gearing is way to short for lots of town driving so first gear is about 16mph 2nd is about 30 so your up and down the box all the time or changing gear mid junction

Sooo many noises from info unit inc speed warning that you can't turn off permanently so I'm turning it off 10 times a day.
Can't turn off Lane assist permanently

Paint seems really thin as a small stone caused 2 chips on side not even doing 20mph

Nowhere to put key except in places with hard plastics so it rattles.

Storage is not as good no usb up high by driver only low below the gearstick.

This is me really listing niggles and everything most 9f which I could live with living with seating position, vents and gearbox is doing my head in. These things didn't really show on test drive but do after 300miles

I want my old van back at this point
cyman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Talk