*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

irish 90 T 350 crew cab tipper

Members can put pictures of their Transit on here!

irish 90 T 350 crew cab tipper

Postby greendragon3 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:44 pm

hi all transit kings , just thought id say hello and congratulate you all on an excellent site , very useful and informative , i have picked up lots of tips in the last few weeks since i joined , after a lot of searching we managed to get our hands on a nice 04' crew cab tipper ( bit scarce on this side of the water )

we did look at importing one from England but typically the Irish government have clamped down big time on crew cabs and the import duty ( vrt ) is astronomical and really wouldn't be worth our while .

anyway ive stuck a few led lights on her and gave her an overall tidy up since i got her , the other day a mate of mine was getting me to fit a few led lights to his tractor low loader and i stuck it on the back of the transit to see how she measured up , overall length 44ft ha ha , not for small towns that's for sure , here are a few pictures i managed to take .

keeping the blue oval alive in the north west .

2004 90T350 DOUBLE CAB TIPPER .
greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: irish 90 T 350 crew cab tipper

Postby greendragon3 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:45 pm

we have a bit of a thing for transits in our family , my dad is a retired ambulance driver of 44 years and they had transits as ambulances from the very first mk1 petrol v4 model , the national electricity supply company here ran a lot of petrol transits too and when they were finished with them you could buy them at a tendered auction ,
i remember going to one with dad to buy a mk3 1.6 petrol crew cab with a four speed box and a single wheel , we got it for the pricey sum of £ 204 pound ,

it was dog slow but would pull a train because of the low gearing , we bought another one after that too but she had a five speed fitted so it wasn't such a mare on petrol ,

both me and my brother cut our teeth on them and they were our first vehicle to actually drive legally on the road at the age of 17 ,

dad then bought an old ambulance to convert into a camper , it was a v6 3.0 petrol with you guessed it a four speed box , pig on petrol so we converted it to a york 2.4 diesel , c
cnverted it ourselves but never actually used it , pity because it did come out nice , anyway here are a few pictures i managed to get of them .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby transitandy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 am

Lovely crew cab m8y :)
Very 8) trailer
As for the old pics :arrow: 8) 8) 8) 8)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:33 pm

cheers for that andy , im only getting back to this now as we have been busy , decided to give the trannie a bit of a tart up before its next DOE , the sills had gotten pretty crispy so we got two new heavy duty ones bent at a local metal fab shop and we got stuck into cutting out the rotten ones , the fact that i live beside the sea and dont have a shed big enough to house her over night means that the rust has started to show also so we will try to address all this and give her a full respray , some pics .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:36 pm

while im on the subject i was wondering if anyone knows where i might get my hands on a replacement set of decals for the tipper body ?? its an italian made scattolini body which came on a lot of the 03/07 transit tippers , ive checked the normal sites including ebay but im coming up blank .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby greendragon3 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:04 pm

bit of an update , today we did a bit more stripping on the ould transit ( guess i should start a new thread really ) , :thumbdown: anyway the new sills are in and the brother had to weld in a new cross member into the rear tipper chassis as it was rank rotten , we did some rubbing down and i took as much of the plastics as i could off , paint on the way tomorrow , few pics

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cal1990 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:08 am

Van looks good lad! I'll be passing through your land next weekend going to dungloe to see family :) will be pAssing in my van

mk7 Transit swb low roof in beautiful black :)
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:38 am

nice one Carl , ill keep an eye out for you mate , enjoy dungloe its a lovely town and a really nice part of the country if you go for a spin up around killybegs ( bit smelly though :P ) or glenties or adaragh , real nice scenery up those parts .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:39 am

small update , didnt get a lot of visible progress done yesterday , it was mostly rubbing down all day , bloody nightmare but the back is broke on it now , we did a bit of masking up too but it got late and i forgot to take any pics , hopefully we will be putting her in primer monday evening .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:40 am

i spotted this interesting rig in sligo on friday , i know the wee cars dont weight much more than a crisp bag on wheels but all in id say he a nice load on , nice idea for making them all fit .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:41 am

are my eyes deceiving me or is she a single wheel transit ??

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cal1990 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 pm

greendragon3 wrote:nice one Carl , ill keep an eye out for you mate , enjoy dungloe its a lovely town and a really nice part of the country if you go for a spin up around killybegs ( bit smelly though :P ) or glenties or adaragh , real nice scenery up those parts .

I've been to glenties a few times, is that where the big nightclub is/ was? all my family are from kincasslagh if that's how you spell it lol

We will be staying at my aunties hotel the Viking for the week
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby greendragon3 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:21 pm

thats the place carl , many's a night i fell out of in a very bad way from alcohol ha ha , its called the " limelight " . kincaslagh is where Daniel O'Donnell has the hotel if im right , hopefully the weather will pick up a bit for your trip mate , its still very unsettled over here at the minute even though it is feckin July !!!!! :roll:

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Cal1990 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:22 am

greendragon3 wrote:thats the place carl , many's a night i fell out of in a very bad way from alcohol ha ha , its called the " limelight " . kincaslagh is where Daniel O'Donnell has the hotel if im right , hopefully the weather will pick up a bit for your trip mate , its still very unsettled over here at the minute even though it is feckin July !!!!! :roll:

That's the one!!!!

Yeah mate ashAmed to say I'm related to Daniel lol

The Viking is ran by my auntie may and Pauline and Coya

I know the weather in edinburgh is same at the min. I'm over on Thursday through to Monday then for another week next year for a wedding :)
Cal1990
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby greendragon3 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:29 pm

another update guys , primer today and some body shuts for the bottom of the doors and the roof .

greendragon3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Members Transits Gallery!