Transitmania 11 @Santa Pod 17th to 19th May 2019


Kevdogg

Members can put pictures of their Transit on here!

Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 pm

So the day has arrived. I am now the very very proud owner of a mk6 swb. Lots of work to do to him but he drives well, even though he's 15hp less than eddy but I don't care he's mine!! :D8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby ned » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:16 pm

8) nice, when the Weller's going on, and LEDs, and horns, and cobra stripes, oh and sound system :D :mrgreen: N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 216,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12620
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Somewhere in time

Re: Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks Ned, the wellers are being worked on, need 4 tyres before they can go on, need wheel,arch kits too.

Lights will go on as and when money allows, have a nice pair of cibie oscars to fix, so someone has to make me an A bar... thanks Muttley lol

He needs to earn his keep, so also have to sort the interior out and start building a good sound system. Hopefully will bring him to a few transit meets so people see the progress lol

But first..... he needs welding!! Badly! Lol so I’m trying to convince muttley to let me do some of it, trouble is, I don’t think he wants his grinder or welder broken by me hehehehe
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby ned » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Everyone's got to learn to weld one day :wink: I picked up a used welder on eBay for 40 sovs, I know what you mean with the arch kit, my Weller stick out slightly but so far I have got away with it :shock:

I look forward to seeing the progress on your van :wink:

You'll be racing Mutley down the strip before you know it :lol: N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 216,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12620
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Somewhere in time

Re: Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 pm

ned wrote:Everyone's got to learn to weld one day :wink: I picked up a used welder on eBay for 40 sovs, I know what you mean with the arch kit, my Weller stick out slightly but so far I have got away with it :shock:

I look forward to seeing the progress on your van :wink:

You'll be racing Mutley down the strip before you know it :lol: N

He’d win, I’m down 15hp to his lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby ned » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Cibbie Oscars :shock: 8) 2 or 4?. N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 216,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12620
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Somewhere in time

Re: Kevdogg

Postby ned » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:10 pm

RustWidow wrote:
ned wrote:Everyone's got to learn to weld one day :wink: I picked up a used welder on eBay for 40 sovs, I know what you mean with the arch kit, my Weller stick out slightly but so far I have got away with it :shock:

I look forward to seeing the progress on your van :wink:

You'll be racing Mutley down the strip before you know it :lol: N

He’d win, I’m down 15hp to his lol


Can you hear that, the faint call of vantuner :lol: don't say yours is a wee 75. N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 216,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12620
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Somewhere in time

Re: Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Only the two, if I ever come across a pair of super oscars I’ll add them underneath, classic rally style lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:38 am

Ned, his is 100, mines an 85 lol
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby dumper » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:48 pm

I made a quick fix lamp bracket for my mk6 to take 4 Lucas 20/20 @ 2 super oscors on it what I did was to remove front bumper and out of quarter plate i used spacers and bolted straight through to the bottom of the xmembers with the spacers in between to really stiffen it up on top of this I used anger iron &flat bar to make two brackets that that came up and move out and came out forward under the bumper on the end of them I drilled and welded in a transit wheel stud that when the bumper was re fitted all you had was two studs sticking up out of the bumper and when I needed to fit the lamp bar I just dropped it on the studs and used locking wheel nuts to hold it on with the multi plug for wireing on top of the bumper it only took two minutes to fit or remove I had the same system on my mk3 @ mk5 not sure if I will be able to fit it two my mk8
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Kevdogg

Postby Brains_transit » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:29 pm

It looks good or is that the better side :lol: mk7 rear lights and clear indicators on the mirrors are good mods
Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5320
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:33 pm

Brains_transit wrote:It looks good or is that the better side :lol: mk7 rear lights and clear indicators on the mirrors are good mods

Lol brains, that’s definitely his best side,I don’t think there is a straight panel. Like I say lots to do.... but thank you
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby RustWidow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:34 pm

dumper wrote:I made a quick fix lamp bracket for my mk6 to take 4 Lucas 20/20 @ 2 super oscors on it what I did was to remove front bumper and out of quarter plate i used spacers and bolted straight through to the bottom of the xmembers with the spacers in between to really stiffen it up on top of this I used anger iron &flat bar to make two brackets that that came up and move out and came out forward under the bumper on the end of them I drilled and welded in a transit wheel stud that when the bumper was re fitted all you had was two studs sticking up out of the bumper and when I needed to fit the lamp bar I just dropped it on the studs and used locking wheel nuts to hold it on with the multi plug for wireing on top of the bumper it only took two minutes to fit or remove I had the same system on my mk3 @ mk5 not sure if I will be able to fit it two my mk8


Have you got a pic by any chance? Pretty please?
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
User avatar
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Kevdogg

Postby dumper » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:51 pm

Unfortunately its still on the van never took it off when I sold it and I have no photos of the bracket
the bar the lamps fit on is made out of inch By two inch box section with holes drilled in the top for four lamps to sit on top with four larger holes on the bottom to be able to get the nuts on and two angle bracket either side to hang the lamps on .
For my mk8 I’ve been thinking of fitting a rally lamp pod on the bonnet but van is bit new for that I think
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Kevdogg

Postby Muttley » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Guess what I’m soing this weekend :lol:
Expert burns reciever.
Bodger Extraordinaire!!
Old Fords never die, however, mine are on life support!
Happy member of the "MK3 Massive"
User avatar
Muttley
MK3 Massive
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: London

Next

Return to Members Transits Gallery!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users