*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Beverly the none binary gender bank robber

Members can put pictures of their Transit on here!

Beverly the none binary gender bank robber

Postby WorkyTicket » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi guys
If anyone is interested, I’m doing a YouTube vlog thingy for the process of restoring and building a camper from my Mk1 Bullnose. It’s here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6Pyuz2QPSX

I’ll be uploading video as ands when I’ve had time to do the work and remembered to shoot it and then got time to edit it.

I don’t need the subscribers or anything I doubt very much I’ll be the next YouTube billionaire :)

Cheers

Graham

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mk1 Bullnose 1970 Mobile home with I think a MK3 Diesel Engine CDi 2.1 ltr but I'm a computer science teacher who knows nowt about mechanics so I'm still investigating it and learning stuff. :roll:
WorkyTicket
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Beverly the none binary gender bank robber

Postby bluecraig0776 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Ill have a look and subscribe. I’ve got a couple videos up. I’m starting to restore my Mini Cooper this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluecraig0776
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby WorkyTicket » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Chuck a link up to the channel and I’ll subscribe, sounds just like the kind of thing I watch all the time.

Mk1 Bullnose 1970 Mobile home with I think a MK3 Diesel Engine CDi 2.1 ltr but I'm a computer science teacher who knows nowt about mechanics so I'm still investigating it and learning stuff. :roll:
WorkyTicket
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bluecraig0776 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Be prepared for the mind blowing performance and expert editing................ lol

https://youtu.be/XlQbByZ4vDU

bluecraig0776
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby WorkyTicket » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Blimey I thought my workshop was bad mate, you’ve got your hands full there!
Good work on the video. Subscribed!

WorkyTicket
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby WorkyTicket » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:56 am

Part two https://youtu.be/v39MA1LXh2c

WorkyTicket
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby WorkyTicket » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Had a massive break on this project as I'm a bit scuppered on why it will no longer start. Can anyone recommend a vehicle electrics course? Online obviously as we're all in this lockdown nightmare.
WorkyTicket
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:25 am

What exactly is it doing? Does it turn over but not fire, or is it just dead?

Not many electrics on an old school diesel to worry about, probably only the ignition switch, and maybe an electric solenoid which either shuts off the fuel, or lets air in, to stop the engine when running. Apart from this, a diesel only needs fuel and compression to fire up :)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby WorkyTicket » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Altransit wrote:What exactly is it doing? Does it turn over but not fire, or is it just dead?

Not many electrics on an old school diesel to worry about, probably only the ignition switch, and maybe an electric solenoid which either shuts off the fuel, or lets air in, to stop the engine when running. Apart from this, a diesel only needs fuel and compression to fire up :)

Thanks Altransit.
I think there's been an after market immobiliser fitted, but it's just a switch on the dashboard that needs to be flicked, there's no indication of which position is which. The van used to run when I first got it but I disconnected the battery to get welding on it and chucked the battery on a trickle charger in the workshop. I've come back to fit the battery and there's a couple of wires I hadn't realised where connected to the terminals as well as the main connections, I've tried the wires on either polarity and with the switch on the dash in either position and the van sounds like it's trying to turn over but then doesn't which is what is making me wonder if it's an aftermarket immobiliser issue. Can I chuck a multimeter on the connectors (of the immobiliser switch in the dash (I think it's an immobiliser) to figure out if it's a thing or not?

TBH because the van is 51 yrs old, there could be all sorts of weird and wonderful "modifications" to it, although it does seem very straightforward in comparison to my C-Max or the wife's CC.
I think once I'm done teaching today I'm going to wrap up (It's snowing) and have another look. If I can get it started then I can get it moved to where I want it to be on the drive and once I've done that I can start welding up a temporary garage out of the old steel scaffold and tarps I've got and then I can start playing with it every night in the dry even if it''s a bit cold. :wink: 8) At the moment I'm in all weather conditions and it's a bit miserable.
WorkyTicket
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Members Transits Gallery!