*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Whats she worth?

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Whats she worth?

Postby FUBAR247 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Sadly I have to part company with my transit 2000 Mk5 SWB medium top simply because she is just too high for most car parks and its driving me nuts trying to find places to park close by to where I have to work.

I have no idea on what she is worth but she has just broke 80,000, LPG converted by Ford, has the normal rust spots I think most are only surface rust as tapping them it still seems very solid.

Drives great, I replaced both front shocks (one was leaking) and while I had the wheels off I replaced the disks too.

I'll be fair and say I havent treated her as well as I could have although she got serviced everytime she had her MOT, only failed MOT once (rear numberplate light had lost its cover, one of the rear lights decided to die during the MOT, and the washer was not spraying the screen too good (traced to a loose connection in teh water pipe)

As I have said she has rust spots but none are too bad that can't be treated (in my none mechanical eyes) she had a small bump on the OS front wing that cracked the smiley and put a small dent into the wing and a scrap on the arch, I have replaced the smiley (when I get the chance I'll take some pictures of the body) I would say the body condition is average for a 7 year old that has been used for light work.

So whats the average sale price for an average transit (vat would be chargable)

Not the best images in the dark but I"ll taks some better in daylight.

Front
Image

Side
Image

Damage
Image
Last edited by FUBAR247 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUBAR247
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:47 pm

Re: Whats she worth?

Postby Luke » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:59 pm

difficult to value without pics as body condition is everything :)

for a minter you would be looking at around £2500 :? for a nail with a full MOT would be around £500

pop some pics up and we can give you a better idea :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44567
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!


Return to Buyers Guide



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.