*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

new member need advice

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

new member need advice

Postby john0boy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 am

hi all,, i just joined today looking a bit of advice from you experienced ford drivers .... i have moved to bulgaria and i am now looking to start taxi' ing, nothing to o.t.t just local runs to the airport (13mile away) and short runs to sunny beach (6-7 mile) etc over the summer... i am looking seriously at buying either a FORD TOURENO minibus (8-9) seater or a merc minibus (8-9),, i have £5k max to spend and was thinking of something about 2005-2006... i have been looking on ebay/ autotrader at such buses, can anyone give me pointers if i go to look at a tourneo what to look for engine wise and body work interior and exterior ?... i seen a blog from a guy ?(guinness)?? who lives in france and he bought a lhd ford from germany, is it better/ cheaper for me to buy there or pick one up from england ?? as i drive a rhd car over here now, so i dont mind driving on the wrong side of the road lol,, , and is there a dealers/ auction site to look at in germany? , whats the price compared with england,, e-bay autoT, etc if any one knows.... guys any advice would be great... ty :D
john0boy

Return to Buyers Guide