*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

What are your guys thoughts???

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

What are your guys thoughts???

Postby shire » Thu May 30, 2013 7:38 am

Hi guys just looking for your advise and knowledge really, been looking for a SWB medium trend for a month or so now and there a bloody rare find, now come across this one at a dealers needs four new tyres and has a dent in the passenger door then a few little ones around it, MOT and service due in October said he'll do the tyres,dents and MOT for the asking price or £8500 as it is tried him at £8000 and waiting to hear back don't think he'll drop this low but rather have it as is then I can put my preferred tyres on and the dents shouldn't cost much to get out.....

Your comments would be much appreciated as got to make a quick decision as this size van doesn't seem to hang about long, cheers

http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/ ... b449f813e5
shire
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: What are your guys thoughts???

Postby johndigital » Thu May 30, 2013 8:01 am

Looks a good van. Have you driven it? Thats a lot of money tho.
In the North East and need an aerial, satellite, internet/telephone point or cctv. Visit http://digitalvision-uk.tv
Transit 260 trend (09) 80ps
reg D16 VSN
facebook D16VSN
johndigital
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby shire » Thu May 30, 2013 8:08 am

No as its around 2hours away says I could pay a deposit over the phone to secure then if I don't like it when I'm there they'll refund it, do you think it's to much for the van if I can get it for £8000 the trends just seem to hold there money that much better suppose if I went for a low roof I could find a better deal but really what that medium high roof short wheel combo,

If anyone knows of at others for sale would be good to hear
shire
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johndigital » Thu May 30, 2013 7:41 pm

What warranty on,it?
In the North East and need an aerial, satellite, internet/telephone point or cctv. Visit http://digitalvision-uk.tv
Transit 260 trend (09) 80ps
reg D16 VSN
facebook D16VSN
johndigital
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby fedup2 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Do you need to use a dealer? Its always going to be alot more expensive getting one from them and ive seen alot better vans than that alot cheaper.

I certainly wouldnt part with any money untill i had seen it and if hes pushing for money id be off.If i did see it at that sort of money id expect the ply to be sorted and any damage,but to me the fact both are not says enough to me to keep well clear.
Launch x431 owner ;)
fedup2
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby shire » Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 pm

If you've seen alot other vans like that 'fed up' I'd like to see???

Iv been looking for over a month now and hardly any SWB medium roofs comes up at all as a trend

Paid £8280 for it with all the paint work sorted and a MOT don't think that's bad coming from a ford dealer with 56k on the clock, trend model plus A/C and has over cabin storage, ply base with cost me next to nothing to do
shire
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby fedup2 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:54 am

shire wrote:If you've seen alot other vans like that 'fed up' I'd like to see???

Iv been looking for over a month now and hardly any SWB medium roofs comes up at all as a trend

Paid £8280 for it with all the paint work sorted and a MOT don't think that's bad coming from a ford dealer with 56k on the clock, trend model plus A/C and has over cabin storage, ply base with cost me next to nothing to do

There isnt many that format because theres no demand for them The mwb med roof would hold its money better.
So long as your happy,thats what matters.

If you ask for peoples thoughts your going to get them,i get the impression you only wanted thoughts that you wanted to hear?
Launch x431 owner ;)
fedup2
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby shire » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:54 am

I was just asking where you had seen alot better as iv been looking a long time and hardly come across any that's all??

Can see why there maybe not as popular not being as nice to look at, I just like that extra head room for when I'm in the back and need the SWB for parking purposes.

Surprised myself why the dealer didnt sort the paint work out to start with mind you but least its getting done now

Is there any particular things to look out for or check when looking at one of these vans? I know the idling/surging at tick over is one, anymore? Cheers
shire
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Buyers Guide