*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ex rac ???

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

ex rac ???

Postby badger the welder » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi guys, I am looking to change my van, I have a 53 plate transit connect 230, it is damn good load lugger and has never let me down. I am always running short of carrying capacity. I have been looking at ex rac vans on fleabay, the 300 and the 350, Is there anything I should be wary of ? anything to look out for ? certain inherent faults that transits may have? which engine/drivetrains to avoid....

Ideally I want a swb in Orange (hence RAC) I dont want to end up buying a lemon so I am looking to get sound advice from you guys first before I part with any money

Badger
From Kent
badger the welder
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ex rac ???

Postby badger the welder » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

forgot to ask, do you know if any of the ex rac vans have twin side loading doors or are they just single ?

I am guessing its just single because of the offside one opening on the side with vehicles passing but I stand to be corrected

Badger
badger the welder
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: ex rac ???

Postby stevo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Never seen one with twin side loading doors. There are a few nice semi high top ex rac vans on ebay at the moment, these are the auto windscreen vans so wont have done a lot, if any, towing.
All I can say for ex rac is mine has 167K on it and apart from rust (mine is a 51 plate) and minor things that are starting to go wrong (engine mounts, power steering knocking) they are good vans and looked after very well, the interior in mine is mint apart from the usual hole in the drivers seat.
Formely ibanez2005

Your's is the new Ford Transit!

2003 100 T260 TDDi swb
stevo
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Buyers Guide