*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS TO BUSINESS SALES!

Use this forum to highlight the areas to check when looking to buy a Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS TO BUSINESS SA

Postby j2you » Mon May 25, 2020 7:42 am

Hi,

It seems this man is at it again. We recently purchased a van from him. Like a fool I took it to a garage post sale (I know I know) and found out it needs another 2000 worth of work. Bolts had been taken from the engine and there was a litany of things wrong with the vehicle that I, as a carpenter, wasn't able to identify.

I have been in touch with trading standards and they are looking into investigating him. I've found 5 other people online with similar experiences, would anyone on here be willing to share some information with me about their experience with him that I can share with my solicitor?

Thanks,

Jordan
j2you

Re: REALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS TO BUSINESS SA

Postby Karst » Mon May 25, 2020 10:40 am

j2you wrote:Hi,

It seems this man is at it again. We recently purchased a van from him. Like a fool I took it to a garage post sale (I know I know) and found out it needs another 2000 worth of work. Bolts had been taken from the engine and there was a litany of things wrong with the vehicle that I, as a carpenter, wasn't able to identify.

I have been in touch with trading standards and they are looking into investigating him. I've found 5 other people online with similar experiences, would anyone on here be willing to share some information with me about their experience with him that I can share with my solicitor?

Thanks,

Jordan

I'll share what I can, the only thing I have against me is lack of time. I have a report on my van from a mechanic, that might be the simplest thing to submit, and a couple of letters from me to them that detail everything.

I'm actually surprised they are still trading. They recently got fined by the council £60,000 for breaking greenbelt rules.
Ford Transit Mk 7 Panel van, ex-posty's, 57 reg, 2007. Duratorq TDCI 2.2 (85PS)
Karst
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Buyers Guide