*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Different Recovery Truck

Post pictures of Non-member Transits here!

Moderator: Luke

Different Recovery Truck

Postby dumptruck » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:45 am

1992 Ford Transit 2.5TD EDER-ALUAUFBAU

Found this whilst looking for something else, sorry if a repost. But I've not seen one before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dumptruck
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Different Recovery Truck

Postby Luke » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:31 pm

i've seen these before - you would think it's a lot of work and expense to go to for extra long ramps would do :lol:

looks great tho 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Postby aussieboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Hendy Ford in Chandlers Ford near Southampton had one of these brand new in about 1992 sprayed metallic all sign written up - the front wheels looked wider on it than the one in the photo but it may just be the colour of them,
aussieboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby transitandy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 pm

I did see one on ebay a while back and think they are 8)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby TransitL0ver » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 am

I have found this beauty!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm Ford Transit Lover! Every generation - from MK1 to MK8!
I even have my own FACEBOOK FANPAGE which brings together lovers Ford!
Come and join!
TransitL0ver
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Vallol » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:26 pm

I have one of those: Image Image Hopefully will be retired now and get some well deserved TLC. It's been already converted to later turbo engine (originally NA), larger brakes, larger mirrors. Plans are to facelift it to '99 spec.
Vallol
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Keef » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:52 am

Vallol wrote: Plans are to facelift it to '99 spec.

Why on earth would you buy an old classic MK3 and then try and make it look like it's only 20 years old? Is it to try and impress your neighbours or are you simply trying to devalue it a bit?
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:04 am

Keef wrote:

Why on earth would you buy an old classic MK3 and then try and make it look like it's only 20 years old? Is it to try and impress your neighbours or are you simply trying to devalue it a bit?

Cause its his :mrgreen:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Vallol » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:12 am

bambi mk 1 wrote:
Keef wrote:

Cause its his :mrgreen:

Naah.. I actually didn't even realize someone would consider this a classic:D My reasons are way more practical. Engine conversion was already done before me. The original NA engine simply doesn't have the power to haul heavy loads. For example the pic with a van I had total weight of 4,7 tonnes. It was also already converted to BOSCH pump, but that wasn't very successful. Lots of noise and smoke but not so much power. I replaced the pump with what I believe was originally used with a 2.8 litre FIAT engine and the injectors to 130HP. The fiat pump has the boost pressure compensator system. Now I get a lot less smoke and way more pull.
Front axle and brake bits on a turbo smiley were a lot sturdier construction and the original parts were in a bad way. I had donor ex police van with good mechanical parts but rotten body and I simply replaced them.
Mirrors of a newer van give way better visibility. This thing hangs a long way over the rear axle and turning in tight places can be tricky.
For converting the rest of the bits, it's pretty rotten in some places and parts for later vans are easier to find. We have this craze here where all the old Transit vans are shipped off to Africa. Apparently they want them badly and pay good money. Bosch pump models seem to be in highest regard. This has created a situation where for example I spent about a month looking for air filter housing in local scrap yards without luck. Finally I had to buy a second hand one online from Poland..
Vallol
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Non-member transits Gallery!