*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit mk1 Stretch limo/pickup!!! LOOK AT THIS

Post pictures of Non-member Transits here!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Transit mk1 Stretch limo/pickup!!! LOOK AT THIS

Postby Vandalism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:22 pm

mondeo...a classic.....i think thats one car that wont be one :lol:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:23 pm

trigger wrote:Banger boys have no sentiment over the vehicles they race, as a Granada enthusiast i'm always seeing or hearing of rare or mint condition Granadas being raced, it has upset the classic car scene many a time when something rare or mint gets raced but at the end of the day it's their car so they can do what they like with it, we could all say "why don't they race Mondeos or something like that" but even they will become rare and classic one day

i did race about 15 or more years ago granadas only one mk1 coupe the rest mk2s but i did have a early mk2 2.8i ghia factory 4 speed manual with reverse over past second. factory leather (not the later leather) the reg number was VHK44OS the sweenys 2.8is was VHK491S. my mate begged me for it sold it him and 18mths later he weighed it in? HK as im sure you no is a ford reg so think it must of been a ford owned car at one time
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:28 pm

I know the early leather you are on about, rare as rocking horse poo now, what a shame your mate scrapped it, i know it's hard to believe but in 30 odd years time even Mondeos will be classics just like Cortinas are now
2013 mk7 Transit 125 Limited swb
1982 mk2 Granada 2.9 injection special Cosworth

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Vandalism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:37 pm

i dont think modern cars will last 30 years? :lol:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:38 pm

trigger wrote:I know the early leather you are on about, rare as rocking horse poo now, what a shame your mate scrapped it, i know it's hard to believe but in 30 odd years time even Mondeos will be classics just like Cortinas are now
i had a 2.3 GLS manual i broke that for bits for my P100 which ive still got, same mate had a mk2 2.8i auto sportsman estate brown with gold bottom and gold trx wheels sold him set of the spot lights he lost interest in it parked it up on a main road drunk driver hit it and wrote it off pushed it in to another car smashed the spot lights and bent the back, end of another one lol
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Vandalism wrote:i dont think modern cars will last 30 years? :lol:

not if i keep chopping them up lol
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigbad mothertrucker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Vandalism wrote:mondeo...a classic.....i think thats one car that wont be one :lol:

i thought the same about fiestas , xr2s, xr3s, sierras, mk2 and mk3 cortinas etc

would love a mk2 1600E cortina now.
bigbad mothertrucker
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Vandalism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:46 pm

we use to have a 1600e cortina but dad sold it :( but.....bought a mk3 gt instead :)

i mean...c'mon.....mondeo.....ugly as.... :lol:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby adam 120 ex aa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Vandalism wrote:we use to have a 1600e cortina but dad sold it :( but.....bought a mk3 gt instead :)

when i was racing mk2 grannys if some one had turned up to race with a mondeo i would of laughed but from what ive been told there harder on the front than a granny lol stil front wheel drive cant race front wheel drive just not right lol
adam 120 ex aa
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Vandalism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:58 pm

aparently a mondeo will bend an unlimited banger no probs :shock:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:02 pm

adam 120 ex aa wrote:
trigger wrote:I know the early leather you are on about, rare as rocking horse poo now, what a shame your mate scrapped it, i know it's hard to believe but in 30 odd years time even Mondeos will be classics just like Cortinas are now
i had a 2.3 GLS manual i broke that for bits for my P100 which ive still got, same mate had a mk2 2.8i auto sportsman estate brown with gold bottom and gold trx wheels sold him set of the spot lights he lost interest in it parked it up on a main road drunk driver hit it and wrote it off pushed it in to another car smashed the spot lights and bent the back, end of another one lol

That estate sounds like a Chasseur model, did it have a half Brown leather interior with tartan cloth and a luggage set in the back?

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bigbad mothertrucker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Vandalism wrote:we use to have a 1600e cortina but dad sold it :( but.....bought a mk3 gt instead :)

i know exactly what you mean , but in the words of the song ' you dont know what youve got till its gone '

you will be sitting some day in an electric computer driven uncrashable safety car, that goes at a snails pace , so not to frighten the birds . thinking i remember driving a petrol engined roaring mondeo . that had genuine cloth seats :lol:
bigbad mothertrucker
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:12 pm

bigbad mothertrucker wrote:

i know exactly what you mean , but in the words of the song ' you dont know what youve got till its gone '

you will be sitting some day in an electric computer driven uncrashable safety car, that goes at a snails pace , so not to frighten the birds . thinking i remember driving a petrol engined roaring mondeo . that had genuine cloth seats :lol:

Unless you had the ST 24v which had leather seats :wink:

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Vandalism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:15 pm

exept ill never drive a modern car.....as i hope that cortina gt will be my car for ever :lol:

the only modern cars ive driven was a fiesta like in triggers avitar as my driving instructors car which ill admit was great and an bmw 5 series estate which was dads...i hated that :lol:
Vandalism
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trigger » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:22 pm

Vandalism wrote:exept ill never drive a modern car.....as i hope that cortina gt will be my car for ever :lol:

the only modern cars ive driven was a fiesta like in triggers avitar as my driving instructors car which ill admit was great and an bmw 5 series estate which was dads...i hated that :lol:

To be honest the Fiesta is the only modern car i like, like you i have owned many mk1 Fiestas, a few mk5 Cortinas and lost track of how many mk2 Granadas that have passed through my hands

Mk5 Transit the daddy

trigger
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Non-member transits Gallery!