*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mark 7 lwb 2.4 rwd

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Mark 7 lwb 2.4 rwd

Postby Beechams » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:40 pm

Forscan done today fault codes P2148:17-2f
And P037D:29-2f
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beechams » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:06 pm

Scv and pcv are fine
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:58 pm

Beechams wrote:Scv and pcv are fine

How do you know this..?? Did the learns complete successfully..?? They don't normally throw a fault code unless the SCV itself has an electrical fault.

P037D is a glow plug fault. P2148 is an injector electrical issue.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Beechams » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:00 am

I’ve tested pcv as you suggested took pipe off nothing comes out I’ve taken scv out and connected it which seems fine I’ve checked wiring to injectors and to ecu I’ve checked earths starting to think it’s ecu itself going to get multimeter today and try and do some checks but can only follow what people tell me to check
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm

Beechams wrote:I’ve tested pcv as you suggested took pipe off nothing comes out I’ve taken scv out and connected it which seems fine I’ve checked wiring to injectors and to ecu I’ve checked earths starting to think it’s ecu itself going to get multimeter today and try and do some checks but can only follow what people tell me to check

Did you complete the learns successfully..??

The SCV may be "electrically ok" but the internal metering valve can be sticking in it's bore....which can possibly be causing your issue.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Beechams » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:27 am

No the learns didn’t complete because of the fault the lad who was doing it with me has now given up I’ve bought a multimeter but have no idea what I’m doing with it I’ve checked loads of the loom yesterday and couldn’t find anything wrong he said the scv was fine and he had took it out and it all worked properly and that it’s either a injector or the ecu so that’s we’re I’m upto when I plug it in now it has more faults because learns did not complete I only drove it 200 yards and it cut out I’m getting to the point of a gallon of petrol and a match sounds the best solution
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beechams » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:53 pm

Been told today it might be ecu and to get a used one with key and bcu does this sound right
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Beechams wrote:No the learns didn’t complete because of the fault the lad who was doing it with me has now given up I’ve bought a multimeter but have no idea what I’m doing with it I’ve checked loads of the loom yesterday and couldn’t find anything wrong he said the scv was fine and he had took it out and it all worked properly and that it’s either a injector or the ecu so that’s we’re I’m upto when I plug it in now it has more faults because learns did not complete I only drove it 200 yards and it cut out I’m getting to the point of a gallon of petrol and a match sounds the best solution

Unless the learns complete successfully, it will "never" run properly. All powertrain faults need to be rectified and erased before the learns will complete. You mentioned a fault P2148, this is an injector wiring/electrical issue, check all the wires to/from/in the connectors for breaks or shorts...or one of your injectors is faulty. P037D is a glow plug issue, possibly a duff glow plug/s or the loom/relay etc to them is not well.

SCV may look and work fine out of the pump, but under the load of 1000bar+ of fuel pressure they can and do fail....regularly.

Unlikely to be the PCM, (although anything is possible), it's usually the wiring/connectors or earths to/from them which cause grief. Mk7 Transits don't have an ECU, they have a Powertrain Control Module.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Beechams » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks again I’ll have a rethink could really do with someone who knows what there looking at
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beechams » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Well drove to work last night cut out over 20 times in 3 mile then home this morning never missed a beat then every two seconds again on way to work tonight so obviously the van is like me doesn’t like going to work
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beechams » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Finally had van looked at it’s a broken wire from injector but he can’t repair it so need to get auto electrician the journey continues
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jim Archer » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:55 am

I doubt the injector fault is causing it to cut out, it would just misfire on that cylinder, and likely put the Red Light of Despair on.

If the pump learn hasn't passed - which it ought to do, even with a duff injector - the SCV is a likely culprit. How did your 'Transit Expert' test the current one? Just dabbing the wires across a battery is not how they are calibrated in the pump. Just fit a new Ford one, if it hasn't failed, it's going to soon enough, and you will have eliminated the usual cause of stalling after over-run conditions.

Folk are trying to advise you as you have asked, yet you seem intent on pop gunning parts at it without heeding the advice you've asked for.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Beechams » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Everything I’ve fitted is what I’ve been told to fit every thing that’s been tested has been tested by a mechanic I have no idea what I’m doing and don’t profess to just looking for answers to a problem he took out the scv and checked it however he does I don’t know but he said it’s fine
Last edited by Beechams on Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Beechams » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:28 pm

He said he thinks it’s a Brocken wire so I took it to another garage which also said it’s a broken wire or the pcm but doesn’t have the time to do it that’s we’re Iam upto
Beechams
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jim Archer » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:23 am

Not wanting to be confrontational in any way here.

You've taken it to a 'mechanic', you've chucked parts at it, it's not fixed.

You've posted on this 'ere forum, several have advised you to change a part you have yet to change - a part which is commonly known to cause the issues you have, and no one here knows how you would bench 'check' it other than the pump learn going though OK - it's not fixed.

I trust you can see why we are advising you to fit a new, from Ford/PF Jones, SCV.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Problems & Questions