*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Petrol 2.3 ULEZ

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Petrol 2.3 ULEZ

Postby Flattracka65 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi all,
Just checking Petrol Transits for ULEZ compliance.
Would anyone know if the 2.3 Duratec petrol engined Transits are Euro 4, it seems that the Bi Fuel (petrol/LPG) are but some of the petrols versions aren't,but this engine in the Galaxy's are all Euro 4.
Its a waste of time checking any vehicle on the TFL or .GOV checker as they are often incorrect, my X reg 1.6 Focus showed as not compliant but I've just proved it's Euro 4 and now TFL hav echanged their records to show as compliant.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Flattracka65

Re: Petrol 2.3 ULEZ

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:29 am

I would think it would be at least Euro 4... does it say anything on the logbook? Quite often the TFL stuff is based on dates - how did you prove the focus was compliant and can you follow the same route?
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Petrol 2.3 ULEZ

Postby Flattracka65 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi and thanks Minor Matt I haven't yet bought a petrol Transit,so was looking at a few forcsale then noticed that some were compliant and others not,I've always had Transits but the powers that be at TFL have made me sell my last one being diesel.
It's fairly simple to establish your own vehicle,but harder if not as you need to supply a picture of the V5 and VIN Plate,when requesting the Certificate Of Conformity.
Hence why I'm trying to get as much info as possible before buying or viewing.
The 2.3 Duratec engine is able to rate at Euro 4 rated, but it may depend on the vehicle exhaust system.
Flattracka65

Return to Technical Problems & Questions