*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dodgy power ! Electronically ??

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Dodgy power ! Electronically ??

Postby Isupchap » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Went to the can Sunday turned the key and nothing no lights on dash literally like there was no battery connected

Attached my power pack and boom it started and ran fine for a few days

Until today when I drive to pick my son up From school van was parked for about 10 mins went back to it and nothing again no lights or anything

Power pack on and fine again

Each time the power packs been on for literally seconds and the vans lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as I attach the pack

Checked around and the battery connections seemed loose so I’ve tightened them (4 or 5 turns each on positive and negative terminals)

Could loose connections of been the problem or could it if been something more sinister?

Thanks in advance
Isupchap
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Dodgy power ! Electronically ??

Postby Chug » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Loose connections definitely won't help and most likely the problem, but you'll know for sure if they were the problem if it behaves itself from now on.
Last edited by Chug on Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby knobby1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Isupchap wrote:Went to the can Sunday turned the key and nothing no lights on dash literally like there was no battery connected

Until today when I drive to pick my son up From school van was parked for about 10 mins went back to it and nothing again no lights or anything

Each time the power packs been on for literally seconds and the vans lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as I attach the pack

Checked around and the battery connections seemed loose so I’ve tightened them (4 or 5 turns each on positive and negative terminals)

Could loose connections of been the problem or could it if been something more sinister?

Thanks in advance

Assuming it's a Mk7..?? You don't say what you have.

Loose connections obviously don't help.....battery/s ok..?? Have you had them properly load tested..?? Ignition switch is a common fail.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Isupchap » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Chug wrote:Loose connections definitely won't help and most likely the problem, but you'll know for sure if they were the problem if it behaves itself from now on.

This is very true, seems to be ok now will see in a day or 2
Isupchap
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Isupchap » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:09 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Isupchap wrote:Went to the can Sunday turned the key and nothing no lights on dash literally like there was no battery connected

Thanks in advance

Assuming it's a Mk7..?? You don't say what you have.

Loose connections obviously don't help.....battery/s ok..?? Have you had them properly load tested..?? Ignition switch is a common fail.

Lord Knobrot

Cheers mate, guess time will tell
Isupchap
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Isupchap » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:10 pm

Thanks for the advice guys

Really appreciate it
Isupchap
Transit Addict
Transit Addict