*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ford transit 2018 XLWB High Top rev when changing gear

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

ford transit 2018 XLWB High Top rev when changing gear

Postby taffy1107 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 am

hi Can someone help me I have a 2018 RWD ford Transit XLWB Hight Top I am having a problem were when I am driving and change gear from 4 to 5th to 6th the REVs go up to 5000 but if you hold your foot down it will drop in a few secons its annoying also if I set my cruse control it will all work but when you take your foot off the throttle it will not hold speed just drops the van is only just over 3 years old and I took it to fords they done diagnostics and say there is nothing wrong so reported to fords they told me to book it back in for diagnostic I told them I already had it done but still wanted it booked back in costing me twice and still no joy what's happened to the days of investigation and finding the problem . ford is not very help full want me to book it in and pay for them to go through a long list of what they think it could be costing me thousands and no guarantee . I don't know if anyone can help sorry for the long message :D
taffy1107

Re: ford transit 2018 XLWB High Top rev when changing gear

Postby knobby1 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:09 am

Get yourself Forscan and do it yourself, costs less than 1/4 of one visit to Ford to plug into their machine.

Less than 20 quid will see you sorted.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: ford transit 2018 XLWB High Top rev when changing gear

Postby taffy1107 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:41 pm

thank you will do its mad ford don't even know what the problem is they just come back with a big list what to check so it will cost a lot of money at an hourly rate
taffy1107

Return to Technical Problems & Questions