*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Fault Codes

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit Fault Codes

Postby Transitdickeye » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi all,

I’ve plugged my MK7 2012 RWD 2.2 transit in that has problems and the fault code I got was - Boost Pressure Sensor A.

Can anyone please tell where which sensor A is? I believe I’ve located 2 sensors, one down under the intercooler and one up behind the thermostat housing, just right of the engine.

Also do these transits only have the 1 temperature sensor? I know there is one in the thermostat but didn’t know if there is one elsewhere, I’ve got a inconsistent temperature gauge so the truck isnt regenerating.

Thanks in advance
Transitdickeye

Re: Transit Fault Codes

Postby Jim Archer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:57 pm

Which code reader did you use? I'm guessing by the generic fault description it wasn't Forscan or IDS.

Intake pressure sensor will be on the intake plumbing between turbo outlet and inlet manifold. I'm not that familiar with the 2.2, but on the 2.4 the Manifold Absolute Pressure and Inlet/Manifold Air Temp sensors are in 1 unit, and positioned in the the joining piece that connects inlet hose from charge cooler, feed from EGR, and manifold.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions