*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2012 2.2 fwd excessive crankcase pressure Help PLEASE

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: 2012 2.2 fwd excessive crankcase pressure Help PLEASE

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Ken205 wrote:I replaced mine don't think you would clean it too handy
I cut open the old one and the way it works is the mist of oil goes in the big rectangular hole on the left of your picture. It then goes through a baffle kind system to separate the oil from the mist and the oil returns via the brown things. The mist then goes through a small one way valve and a sponge before it meets the spring and diaphragm in the big circular section in the back right corner if you had it the right way up . Then the air (crankcase pressure) is fed back into the pipe feeding the turbo.my sponge was like a concrete block and my one way valve was stuck closed and that was after soaking it overnight and running it through the parts washer twice.

That makes sense, I stuck a hose onto my rocker cover in situ and you can blow and suck through with no restriction so I don’t think it’s that now...

I think it’s improving as the rings bed in so hopefully that’s all it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

Stuartbrown06 wrote:That makes sense, I stuck a hose onto my rocker cover in situ and you can blow and suck through with no restriction so I don’t think it’s that now...

I think it’s improving as the rings bed in so hopefully that’s all it is Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you not hone the bores before fitting new rings...???

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Stuartbrown06 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:10 am

Yeah the bores were honed. there was slight scoring on pot 4 from the cracked piston but the rest were in good nick, took the block into a rebore place up here and they ordered me a set of std pistons after measuring the bores.

I started a thread on it here.. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187434

The only thing i did wrong was put 5w30 fully synthetic straight in, i did 400 miles with this before i realised i should have used a running in oil. went and got some 15w40 mineral oil and ive done another 600 mile since then.

Its all motorway miles though so maybe not getting enough load to bed the rings in, especially if they've glazed with using the 5w30 first
Stuartbrown06
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby richardw » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:06 pm

I’m wondering if I have the same issue , if I pull the breather pipe off the cover there absolutely nothing coming out of it at all , I think this might be causing my injector rocker seals to leak ?
richardw
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:12 pm

richardw wrote:I’m wondering if I have the same issue , if I pull the breather pipe off the cover there absolutely nothing coming out of it at all , I think this might be causing my injector rocker seals to leak ?

Pop the rocker cover off and check for internal blockage.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Oliver01495 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Iv got a similar issue but engine oil is coming out of the dip stick tube while engine is running. I don’t think it’s pistons or rings as the van isn’t burning oil, no smoke or loss of oil also it starts, runs and idles fine. I’m thinking the cam cover is blocked like yours causing excess engine crank case pressure and the only way of releasing is through the dip stick tube..

What’s your thoughts ?? Thanks
Oliver01495

Postby Oliver01495 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:05 pm

Ken205 wrote:All sorted
Engine out twice for no reason
Blocked rocker cover

Iv got a similar issue but engine oil is coming out of the dip stick tube while engine is running. I don’t think it’s pistons or rings as the van isn’t burning oil, no smoke or loss of oil also it starts, runs and idles fine. I’m thinking the cam cover is blocked like yours causing excess engine crank case pressure and the only way of releasing is through the dip stick tube..

What’s your thoughts ?? Thanks
Oliver01495

Postby frund » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:12 pm

This appears to be a quite common problem and may not be there when engine is cold this is our situation.
frund
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bazaducato » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 am

Ken205 wrote:All sorted
Engine out twice for no reason
Blocked rocker cover

Hello, im having trouble with over pressure in the rocker by way of black wet sooty carbon around the rubber injector seals on top of the plastic rocker cover, also have a small oil leak down the front of the engine and wet on the alternator...

I am now thinking that the breather assembly from the rocker cover is faulty. how did you check yours please and where is the valve? is there anything inside the rocker cover where the breather tube fits to the rear. and where are the serviceable parts please. any diagrams anywhere? Thanks
bazaducato

Postby andz327 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:16 pm

Think your injectors are not seated properly and causing blow-by
Pull off the hise at back corner of the camcorder, if you feel it blowing out of there its not blocked

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Oops hope you never touched your camcorder and checked breather on cam cover

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous