*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2003 transit connect clocks and now starting issue

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2003 transit connect clocks and now starting issue

Postby Haughey1973 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi guys, read a few posts on this issue on here but not really answering my issues.
I bought a 2003 transit connect with a clock function issue. The van runs ok but the usual I’m told that the clocks are temperamental and the gauges didn’t work and both lcd displays were blank.
Thought about replacing them with a second hand matching part number set but seeing it was an easy fix so I’m told and decided to sent them away to be repaired.
I’ve received the back 3 days later and £65 poorer thinking all good and refitted the clocks. Thinking I was in luck the clocks came on both lcd panels came on and the fuel gauge moved. All the relevant lights light up aswell
BUT to my dispare when I tried to start the van over all you hear is clicking. As if the starter motor isn’t working.
just thought I’d as all you experienced transit owners for advice before reading every video and post I can find that might point me to a simple solution.
1 thing I have noticed was when I try to start the the van the time clock resets to Zero Don’t know wether it’s relevant
Haughey1973
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2003 transit connect clocks and now starting issue

Postby Altransit » Mon May 16, 2022 9:46 pm

The clocks re-setting and the starter clicking kind of points to a flat or faulty battery, or a bad post connection. The only other possibility is a dodgy ignition switch :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Re: 2003 transit connect clocks and now starting issue

Postby Haughey1973 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:52 pm

Thanks for the reply
managed to get it started this morning needed to jump start it from my other car. Battery only reading 10volts. Might look like a new battery is needed but need to check something isn’t dragging it down.
The Repaired clocks seem to be better but rev counter still is not working. Maybe it’s a faulty sensor for this.
Better carry on a get the few other changes done now like the old stereo removal
Haughey1973
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Technical Problems & Questions