*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


EGR delete

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

EGR delete

Postby BorislavNS » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:06 pm

Hi, my EGR is blanked and ecu is remapped. Before remapping, only with the blanking plate, I got check engine light. Now after remapping, there is no check engine light, but I still can see the EGR position using TorquePRO android application. Is it normal to see EGR position after remapping? Thanks a lot.
Campervan conversion, 2.2 tdci, 85kw, 2011.
User avatar
BorislavNS
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:20 am
Location: Serbia

Re: EGR delete

Postby knobby1 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:18 pm

Won't matter if it's blanked. EGR position will be irrelevant. If it has been mapped out correctly, you can disconnect it from the wiring loom.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: EGR delete

Postby BorislavNS » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:38 pm

Thanks, I understnd that, but is it normal to see its opening percentage in diagnostic app? Does it mean that it is not mapped out correctly?
Campervan conversion, 2.2 tdci, 85kw, 2011.
User avatar
BorislavNS
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:20 am
Location: Serbia

Re: EGR delete

Postby knobby1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:45 am

BorislavNS wrote:Thanks, I understnd that, but is it normal to see its opening percentage in diagnostic app? Does it mean that it is not mapped out correctly?


Possibly. As l understand it, once mapped out properly, the PCM should essentially be blind to the EGR.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.