*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


2000 TRANSIT BOX TRUCK GVM UPGRADE

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

2000 TRANSIT BOX TRUCK GVM UPGRADE

Postby Hutche99 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:09 am

Hey everyone,
I’m in Australia and converting a 2000 Ford transit flat tray/with a box on the back; into a camper.
The GVM states it is only 3500kg but front and rear axle maximums add up to 4100kg.
I will probably be 3800kg when it’s finished but couldn’t find any info on upgrading or getting a new VIN plate with raised GVM, if anyone can help me with the info?

Thank you :)
Hutche99
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:54 am

Re: 2000 TRANSIT BOX TRUCK GVM UPGRADE

Postby ramtec » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:18 am

Hi Hutche
Just found your post, I'm in Melton Vic.
I can help you with the certs required, mine was a VG 1996 cab chassis @ 3500 GVM it is now 5000kg GVM
you can call me on 0409148747 or email tony.roessen@bigpond.com
Cheers
Tony
ramtec
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:49 am


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.