*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Reliable EGR source for Mk7

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Reliable EGR source for Mk7

Postby DrOetker » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:30 pm

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster. I’ve successfully diagnosed and fixed a bunch of problems on my Mk7 thanks to this forum so thanks transit crew!

Anyway I replaced the Egr in May, on my 07 mk7 2.2. non water cooled version purchased from TPUK. Noticeable loss of power in the last few weeks has led me to get get my head around Forscan. Which tells me EGR is stuck open. I don’t hold out much hope of servicing it as it was pretty cheap. So my question is, does anyone have a recommended supplier for a good quality EGR that I won’t have to change again in another 6 months. Euro car parts have them for £300 so anything less than that would be a bonus. I gather I can use the water cooled version without actually plumbing in the the cooling pipes. There seems to be a different version available now with a black plastic body instead of a silver metal one. Any recommendation appreciated.

Cheers

Josh
DrOetker
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Re: Reliable EGR source for Mk7

Postby Noctule » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:15 pm

Hiya Josh,

Welcome to delurkington.

I replaced my EGR late last year, the light came on and the code said it had jammed. I took it out to clean, finding it had indeed jammed, but snapped bolts meant I had to replace it and the pipe to inlet manifold. I went for a cheap EGR from to get the van on the road, but couldn't get the fault to clear, which led me to believe there was also a wiring fault. Rather than spend money and time on stripping the loom back I simply found a local tuning shop who performed the necessary to delete the EGR. Visible smoke improved immediately, and there was a slight improvement in performance (I didn't go for more power with the remap). Happy days again.

Mat
2012 Mk7 125t350 camper conversion in progress

2006 Mk7 115t350 van (cheap tax tramp)

Previously...
Mk5 190 HiCube DRW self-built camper
Mk5 100 swb Custom
Mk5 190 lwb x3
User avatar
Noctule
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: Vice County 61


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.