*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

hard brake pedal

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

hard brake pedal

Postby mickeybo » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:30 pm

We have a 10 year old ford transit that has hard brake pedal we have changed the brake servo 2 times vac seems vacuum seems ok. Any feedback greatly accepted Regards paddy
mickeybo

Re: hard brake pedal

Postby knobby1 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:00 pm

mickeybo wrote:We have a 10 year old ford transit that has hard brake pedal we have changed the brake servo 2 times vac seems vacuum seems ok. Any feedback greatly accepted Regards paddy

I know you say the vacuum is ok....but hard pedals are usually lack of vacuum to the servo. Are you getting vacuum at the servo..?? Vacuum line may be blocked or leaking air in....check the little check valve in the vacuum pump to make sure it can flow air in one direction.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: hard brake pedal

Postby Chug » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:52 am

When you say hard, is it hard straight off? or does it go hard after a few pushes? what was the original problem?
As Knobster says its usually a vaccuum problem but more info on what you've actually done might help.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions