*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injector port 1 and pump lear

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Re: Injector port 1 and pump lear

Postby Simonmate2010 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:33 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Simonmate2010 wrote:The other issue is now that the computer will not let me pass the pilot learn and my injectors are hugly imbalanced! have you seen this before?

i am starting to think its maybe an electrical issue.

Thanks in advance.

Those inbalances are huge....they usually start to play up at +/- 1.0...but yours are massive with one at 16.42..!! Worst one l've personally seen was 3.15.

Lord Knobrot

What do you think could be causing it? I’m at a point now where I don’t know if I want to spend a great deal of money on it…

Think it’s worth changing the MAF sensor?

Thanks
Simonmate2010
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:55 pm

Simonmate2010 wrote:What do you think could be causing it? I’m at a point now where I don’t know if I want to spend a great deal of money on it…

Think it’s worth changing the MAF sensor?Thanks

The "refurbished" injectors you have will likely be the problem. The system is struggling to correct the huge imbalance. We find refurbished or second hand injectors are usually a false economy, unless done by a reputable company. Did your new injectors come with new correction codes..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jim Archer » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:41 am

Agreed, either that injector is sh*te, or the correction code for it is incorrect, and the system can't justify it's trims to achieve the parameters it is seeking.

Fire it back to the reburbishers and get them to sort it.

New ones are 'only' a bit over £230, and from bitter experience it's easy to waste that sort of money chasing issues from p*ss poor refurbs.

That it has now passed the pump learn points directly to 1 or more injectors being the problem.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Simonmate2010 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:05 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Simonmate2010 wrote:What do you think could be causing it? I’m at a point now where I don’t know if I want to spend a great deal of money on it…

Think it’s worth changing the MAF sensor?Thanks

The "refurbished" injectors you have will likely be the problem. The system is struggling to correct the huge imbalance. We find refurbished or second hand injectors are usually a false economy, unless done by a reputable company. Did your new injectors come with new correction codes..??

Lord Knobrot

Thanks for the reply, I used diesel fix neuss for the reconditioned ones. Recon it’s worth getting new denso ones?
Simonmate2010
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Simonmate2010 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:09 pm

Jim Archer wrote:Agreed, either that injector is sh*te, or the correction code for it is incorrect, and the system can't justify it's trims to achieve the parameters it is seeking.

Fire it back to the reburbishers and get them to sort it.

New ones are 'only' a bit over £230, and from bitter experience it's easy to waste that sort of money chasing issues from p*ss poor refurbs.

That it has now passed the pump learn points directly to 1 or more injectors being the problem.

Jim

I’ve switched 2 injectors around from cylinder 1 and 2, reprogrammed the injectors in and it’s still come up as injector 1 is over fuelling? Would this still mean that the whole 4 would be unbalanced?
Simonmate2010
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:13 pm

i would start checking the wiring on the loom ..the injector connectors for corrosion , looseness etc..even back to the ecu plug, waggle them whilst running ....waggle the ecu plug see if it changes things. get some contact spray cleaner

all the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby knobby1 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:28 pm

Simonmate2010 wrote:I’ve switched 2 injectors around from cylinder 1 and 2, reprogrammed the injectors in and it’s still come up as injector 1 is over fuelling? Would this still mean that the whole 4 would be unbalanced?

When you say "reprogrammed", do you mean the correction factors or summink else..?? Did your refurbed injectors come with "new" 16 digit correction factors..??

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Simonmate2010 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:06 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Simonmate2010 wrote:I’ve switched 2 injectors around from cylinder 1 and 2, reprogrammed the injectors in and it’s still come up as injector 1 is over fuelling? Would this still mean that the whole 4 would be unbalanced?

When you say "reprogrammed", do you mean the correction factors or summink else..?? Did your refurbed injectors come with "new" 16 digit correction factors..??

Lord Knobrot

Hi mate,

Yes sorry I mean inputting correction factors. The refurbed injectors came with the codes, I have done all that and still having the issue. I think it’s something to do with the ecu?

Worth sending the ecu to someone to test it?
Simonmate2010
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:20 pm

Simonmate2010 wrote:
knobby1 wrote:

Lord Knobrot

Hi mate,

Yes sorry I mean inputting correction factors. The refurbed injectors came with the codes, I have done all that and still having the issue. I think it’s something to do with the ecu?

Worth sending the ecu to someone to test it?

Probably won't be the ECU, they rarely fail...but sillier things have happened.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Technical Problems & Questions