*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Mechanic wanted Swansea for SCV/PRV Mk7

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Mechanic wanted Swansea for SCV/PRV Mk7

Postby BobM » Sat May 13, 2023 3:28 pm

Hi I have a Mk7 which is idling erratically, hunting and stalling at low revs. I've blanked the EGR and it made no difference. After reading various threads on here it looks like it is most likely the SCV/ PRV that needs doing with a relearn afterwards. Does anyone know of anyone decent in the Swansea area who might be able to do this for me? Many thanks in advance for your time and expertise.
BobM
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 13, 2023 3:16 pm

Re: Mechanic wanted Swansea for SCV/PRV Mk7

Postby knobby1 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:55 pm

BobM wrote:Hi I have a Mk7 which is idling erratically, hunting and stalling at low revs. I've blanked the EGR and it made no difference. After reading various threads on here it looks like it is most likely the SCV/ PRV that needs doing with a relearn afterwards. Does anyone know of anyone decent in the Swansea area who might be able to do this for me? Many thanks in advance for your time and expertise.


Blanking the EGR on a Mk7 will often throw up fault codes.

Get yourself Forscan downloaded onto a laptop and a modified ELM-327 and do it yourself, less than 20quid will see you sorted. Some garages will charge upwards of 75quid just to plug in, let alone fix anything. Make sure the SCV and PRV are genuine Ford or Denso items...or you'll be buying them again.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18713
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.