*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


DPF regeneration issue

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

DPF regeneration issue

Postby DavidDG88 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:30 am

Hi,

My 2015 Ford Transit T350 2.2 keeps getting DPF related issues. It has had a range of new sensors and a full DPF cleaning.

The DPF soot load on the inferred closed loop is 118% and 34% on the open loop.

I tried a static regen but it aborts the service procedure at about 50% due to an unknown interruption. I managed to get the closed loop soot load down to 64% but it still aborts the static regen about 50% into it.

The only thing I have noticed that seems weird is two EGR temperature sensors are reading - 40°C.

Any advice? Any help is very much appreciated. I'm a little bit concerned something is wrong with the ECU.
DavidDG88
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:21 am

Re: DPF regeneration issue

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:13 am

DavidDG88 wrote:Hi,

My 2015 Ford Transit T350 2.2 keeps getting DPF related issues. It has had a range of new sensors and a full DPF cleaning.

The DPF soot load on the inferred closed loop is 118% and 34% on the open loop.

I tried a static regen but it aborts the service procedure at about 50% due to an unknown interruption. I managed to get the closed loop soot load down to 64% but it still aborts the static regen about 50% into it.

The only thing I have noticed that seems weird is two EGR temperature sensors are reading - 40°C.

Any advice? Any help is very much appreciated. I'm a little bit concerned something is wrong with the ECU.


They can be repaired, usually at great expense though. Most people just gut the DPF and get it mapped out...they're more trouble than they're worth and cause more pollution than non DPF vehicles when they do a regen....but this can cause issues with an anal MOT or DVSA inspector.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18719
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: DPF regeneration issue

Postby dumper » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:30 pm

have a look at O’Reilly motors on YouTube he seems to sort out a lot of dpf problems
2025 MK 8 L3 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
2015 MK 8 L4 H3 motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6403
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: DPF regeneration issue

Postby metalworker0 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:37 pm

dumper wrote:have a look at O’Reilly motors on YouTube he seems to sort out a lot of dpf problems



Yes, he seams to be knowledgeable chap ..knows everything about dpfs ..he succeeds after many garages fail ..well worth a look

He is the answer to all DPF problems , look at his channel and you'll never need to ask questions here

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6027
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.