Hello, let me introduce myself first. I am Benno, have a Ford Transit 1998 Camper (mk4-5 ?) and am getting this thing as good as can get. the van is not bad for it's age, got some rust on the fenders but this is solvable. Structurally it seems sound and drives good. One of the things i am struggling with was a leaking fuel assembly. I thought it was the filter but it seems to be leaking from the assembly itself. On top is a black fitting with a solenoid on it. Can find nothing about it on the web except in this linked page but that is without any descriptions further.
https://ford.7zap.com/en/transport/82/n ... 039/65232/
I ordered a new fuel filter assembly one from TransitCenter and mounted that. On top of the old assembly (and new) is a separate connection for a solenoid valve with wiring. this seems to go to the inlet manifold and i guess it is some sort of Coldstart injector. I cannot get it mounted without serious leakage. For the moment i have left it of, disconnected the power to the solenoid and the van starts and runs just fine.
What is it, is it a Cold Start valve and can i get gaskets for it somewhere. the red gasket on the solenoid seems to be the leaking part ?
Can i just leave it off and what will this do with driveability etc.


