*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Step by step guidance

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Step by step guidance

Postby Simontfs » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:39 pm

Good afternoon everyone, so I have just received this part to try and resolve the idle issue I have, I believe it's called the scv that is on the side of the fuel pump, as the van keeps cutting out on idle once the engine is up to working temperature. Can anyone please give me some step by step guidance on the correct way to swap this part out. If it's a straight unbolt the old one and bolt the new one in, then that would be even better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ford Transit MK7 2010 115T280 - 2.2 Tdci
EU model - LHD/FWD
Euro 4, 115HP - 6 Speed
195/70R15C 104/102R
Simontfs
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Step by step guidance

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:40 pm

Simontfs wrote:Good afternoon everyone, so I have just received this part to try and resolve the idle issue I have, I believe it's called the scv that is on the side of the fuel pump, as the van keeps cutting out on idle once the engine is up to working temperature. Can anyone please give me some step by step guidance on the correct way to swap this part out. If it's a straight unbolt the old one and bolt the new one in, then that would be even better.

Changing the valve is simple...depending on whether FWD or RWD, assuming you have a FWD as your signature mentions FWD..?? RWD is a pig to get at...sometimes it's easier to remove the inlet manifold to get access on the RWD's.

Is the SCV a "genuine" Denso item..?? If not you're wasting your time, they rarely pass the learns, if they do, they often fail soon after.

The pump, pilot and injector learns must be done after fitting the new valve or it will never run properly.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:18 pm

As our esteemed learned Laird knobby has mentioned fwd easy and hope it's a genuine part

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:07 pm

andz327 wrote:As our esteemed learned Laird knobby has mentioned fwd easy and hope it's a genuine part

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

"Esteemed"??... :lol: More like a pile of steaming shite.. :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Simontfs » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:17 am

Good morning guys, thank you for your replies.. you are correct it is a FWD as in the signature on my post. I can confirm it's a Denso piece that I have bought. I believe I can handle removing a couple of bolts and replace the piece, but what has me a bit concerned are the learns. I have the latest version of forscan and a usb adapter specific to forscan and also registered and activated the extended license. Would one of you lovely people be able to guide me with what the correct order for the learns are, and please guide me with how to do them, what are the consequences if a learn fails? ...thank you so much for your time and patience.
Ford Transit MK7 2010 115T280 - 2.2 Tdci
EU model - LHD/FWD
Euro 4, 115HP - 6 Speed
195/70R15C 104/102R
Simontfs
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:11 pm

Simontfs wrote:Good morning guys, thank you for your replies.. you are correct it is a FWD as in the signature on my post. I can confirm it's a Denso piece that I have bought. I believe I can handle removing a couple of bolts and replace the piece, but what has me a bit concerned are the learns. I have the latest version of forscan and a usb adapter specific to forscan and also registered and activated the extended license. Would one of you lovely people be able to guide me with what the correct order for the learns are, and please guide me with how to do them, what are the consequences if a learn fails? ...thank you so much for your time and patience.

If you have Forscan...it's relatively easy...Forscan essentially walks you through the procedure.

First thing to do is fit a new fuel filter if it hasn't been replaced relatively recently, if marginal, they can cause a bit of grief. In Forscan, click on the service functions tab on the left of the main page, you'll then see a list of operations etc relevant to your vehicle, although some may not be :? Mine often comes up with a "forced regen" when I don't even have a DPF... :roll:

Scroll down until you see PRV open/timer reset or something similar.... depending on the version of Forscan, (they change wording frequently). Reset the PRV open/timers if applicable, if the PRV has not been activated/open this may be greyed out. Then do the pump learn, if successful, then do the pilot and injector learns...if successful it will save the info to non-volatile memory and hopefully say procedure successful.

Sometimes it may fail one of the procedures but not all is lost....it may take a few runs to get it to pass, it can be finicky about fuel and/or cyl head temperatures ...If you still have grief, an injector leak-off test may be in order....but worry about that if/when it happens.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions