*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby adam88binks » Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:56 pm

Hi everyone.

I have a Mk6 2.0tddi and its problem is getting worse.

When driving along the engine will stutter and hesitate for a split second then Carry on like nothing is wrong.

No fault codes showing on ForScan.

All lights extinguish immediately.

I've added a picture to show which lights come on whilst it hesitates.

I've replaced the fuel filter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm thinking fuel system?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adam88binks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 am

Re: Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:45 am

adam88binks wrote:Hi everyone.

I have a Mk6 2.0tddi and its problem is getting worse.

When driving along the engine will stutter and hesitate for a split second then Carry on like nothing is wrong.

No fault codes showing on ForScan.

All lights extinguish immediately.

I've added a picture to show which lights come on whilst it hesitates.

I've replaced the fuel filter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm thinking fuel system?


Looks like your glow plug light is on....this doubles as a DTC light....what cable are you using to read the codes..?? Latest version of Forscan will only work with a couple of specific cables.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby adam88binks » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:22 am

adam88binks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 am

Re: Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby adam88binks » Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:17 pm

So ive ordered the OBDLink EX. hoping this one works. Ive had no luck with the ELM327 or Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for FOR-Scan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch
adam88binks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 am

Re: Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby knobby1 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:24 pm

adam88binks wrote:Hi LK

im using the VGate Vlinker

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0952P4MLP? ... ct_details


Should work ok with the V-Gate cable.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby adam88binks » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:16 pm

SOLVED!!!!

So the van got the point of being undriveable. Electrics kept cutting out and I'd have to bang the dash to bring it back to life. My biggest clue was the blowers, these would stop working when the van was in fault. So I removed the entire dashboard so I could inspect the wiring as I knew this has to be the problem.

Found 2 corroded/old earth points that were on the same circuit as the blowers. Cleaned these up with sand paper until super shiny and reconnected the to the body. Cleaned both the crimp rings and removed the paint from the body work.

It's now been 2 days without a single issue.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adam88binks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 am

Re: Van hesitates as if no fuel is getting through

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:14 pm

Well done Sir....And thanks for getting back to us with your fix.. It does help others.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.