*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Transit smell

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Transit smell

Postby Mj28 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:21 pm

Can you help I have Ford transit mk7 2010 MWB
Have recently had bad smell in front cab changed filter little better but still there.
Mj28
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:16 pm

Re: Transit smell

Postby knobby1 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:38 am

Mj28 wrote:Can you help I have Ford transit mk7 2010 MWB
Have recently had bad smell in front cab changed filter little better but still there.


Does it smell like rotten eggs..?? If so, it may be sulphuric acid you're smelling, I'd be checking the battery/s. There's a chance they can explode if left to go bad/overcharge for too long.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18710
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Transit smell

Postby dumper » Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:28 am

X2 on batteries could also be a very slight weep on the heater matrix not big enough for water droplets to fall out
2025 MK 8 L3 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
2015 MK 8 L4 H3 motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Transit smell

Postby Mj28 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:05 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
Smell was like pure Sh*+e but is not half as bad now No I did think it might a be battery issue
Had new batteries installed but still smelling not nice
Mj28
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:16 pm

Re: Transit smell

Postby knobby1 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:49 pm

Mj28 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
Smell was like pure Sh*+e but is not half as bad now No I did think it might a be battery issue
Had new batteries installed but still smelling not nice


New batteries doesn't mean they're not overcharging....what voltage are you getting across the batteries at idle..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18710
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.