*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


What is this part - I have a gap and stones /dirt in the gap

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

What is this part - I have a gap and stones /dirt in the gap

Postby Anadem85 » Wed Apr 16, 2025 9:46 am

Hi

Please could someone let me know what this part is. There is a small gap, it's not flush and there are stones and dirt getting caught in it. Should it be replaced or is it simply a cover.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anadem85
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2025 9:41 am

Re: What is this part - I have a gap and stones /dirt in the

Postby knobby1 » Wed Apr 16, 2025 7:44 pm

Anadem85 wrote:Hi

Please could someone let me know what this part is. There is a small gap, it's not flush and there are stones and dirt getting caught in it. Should it be replaced or is it simply a cover.

Thanks


Would really help if you told us what model Transit you have..?? Mk6 or Mk7..?? FWD or RWD..?? Petrol or diesel..?? Engine type and size..?? Euro-3, 4 or 5..??

Looks like a protective cover but without any info we would only be guessing.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18705
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: What is this part - I have a gap and stones /dirt in the

Postby metalworker0 » Wed Apr 16, 2025 8:44 pm

you could use a hot air gun to get it back into shape

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6016
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: What is this part - I have a gap and stones /dirt in the

Postby knobby1 » Wed Apr 16, 2025 11:56 pm

metalworker0 wrote:you could use a hot air gun to get it back into shape

all the best.mark


Or just remove the whole thing...all they really do is collect junk.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18705
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.