by Bobbybalboa » Sat Sep 19, 2026 4:10 am
Thanks for everyone that has replied here. I really appreciate it.
The 2nd garage that I got the bus towed to spend 5.5 hours fault checking and came to the conclusion that the ECU (PCM) was the problem. I got the part & model number from ford here in Norway and managed to buy a used one from close to where I'm from in the UK. Not many of these ford minibuses over here compared to the UK.
I got a private ECU specialist to clone my (faulty) one over to the used one. When I imstalled it into the car the clone had worked as all the key codes / immobilisor was fine but of cause the problem was the same. Only difference now was the list of fault codes has increased due to testing the replacemant ECU before it was cloned and Forscan can't delete these codes as they are perminent codes. As in the problem needs to be fixed before the fault code can be deleted.
I have asked the garage if they can vaccum the fuel lines so we are 100% sure it's not air in the system that is the problem but can it be that the perminent fault codes are telling the engine not to start to protect it from critical damage.
I appologise for not having any more facts but I don't have a place to work on the bus at home as we live far out in the forest and with it being so big I have had to use the recovery company to tow it from the first to second garage and hopefully not a final trip to Ford dealer as then the budget will really go out of the window
What I did find out was that the lowest wiring loom connected to the ECU had been rubbing against the body work. Looks like the first garage had repaied this before changing the high pressure pump.
[*]2012 Transit Minibus 2.2 tdci RWD