1999 2.5 transit diesel, temporary excessive exhaust smoke with engine running on a couple of minuits after starting. After turning off or stalling engine, the engine runs fine after re starting. Engine serviced regularly. date 18.12.2009 SR.
New information; I managed to find out why it smokes. . . On warm up the smoke started which stopped when the engine breather hose was disconnected from the manifold. Whew the oil filler cap was removed, excessive oil was found to be splashing from rockers towards the cap and drawn up through the breather pipe. I have driven the van for a week now with the cap pulled out slightly and it runs fine.Would anyone know if there is a splash guard missing or modification? I stripped and checked the cap, all seams to be in order...
Latest; I have been driving around in this van for weeks now with the oil filler cap pulled out slightly and have had no problems at all... Magic! And for the question, no it's not a turbo.

