*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Power Steering Pump

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

Power Steering Pump

Postby petediesel » Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 am

I have S reg 98 2.5D LWB, it was en ex Fridge Van, with Air compressor.

All thats left of the Fridge part, is the Compressor, which is soon to seize up. I need to remove the compressor, but unfortunately the configuration incorporates the Power Steering Pump.

MY setup is Belt from Crankshaft pulley which goes down to the front of the compressor, this is situated at the base of the engine on the RH Side.

The second belt on the compressor then goes up to the power steering pump, this is situated about half way up the engine.

If I remove the compressor the belt form the crankshaft is not inline with the Power Steering Pump pulley, and the power steering pulley would need to come forward about 15mm to line up. I have been to Ford but there is no pulley for this configuration, so I must presume this setup is incorrect as standard.

Could someone please confirm what is the standard setup, pic would be good and any sugestions what I need to do.

thanks
petediesel
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: Power Steering Pump

Postby Nadjenka » Tue May 11, 2010 12:20 am

Can't give any advice, can provide some pictures... :wink: If they help...?

Image

Image

Image
Image
1995 Mk5 150 LWB Minibus - camper-to-be - Lola's story :mrgreen:
1999 Mk5 190 LWB 2.5TDi, automatic, story has started :twisted:
User avatar
Nadjenka
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm
Location: West London

Re: Power Steering Pump

Postby petediesel » Tue May 11, 2010 9:22 am

thankyou very much, thats a great help, I can now see what it should look like and what I need.

If there is anybody who is breaking a Transit, I am interested in the pump and braket.

cheers again Diesel
petediesel
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.